Thread: 515/288 x-over

515/288 x-over

I'm looking for the schematics for the original Altec crossover for the following design:
    Altec 817 cabinet with dual 16 ohm 515 woofers (8 ohm combined and 8 ohm 288 tweeter in 1505 horn.
    X-over point is 500 Hz

The ( somewhat basic ) N501-8a crossover is meant for use with 8 ohm drivers//loads ( and designed for a 500 hz point ).

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    The ( somewhat basic ) N501-8a crossover is meant for use with 8 ohm drivers//loads ( and designed for a 500 hz point ).

Thank you.
    are you aware by any chance of a series x-over used in the same application?

Quote Originally Posted by Maril555 View Post
    Thank you.
    are you aware by any chance of a series x-over used in the same application?
    Sorry No.

( FWIW ), Altec never used any series type crossovers in their larger format speaker systems ( a quick check of this sites Altec library publications reveals that Altec's crossovers from at least as far back as 1943, are all Parallel types ).

OTOH, checking the same LHF library shows that Lansing Manufacturing ( in the late 1930's before they were acquired by Altec ) did in fact use some Series type crossovers ( though I don't think I've ever seen a schematic for any of those ).

LHF "Lansing" LIBRARY

Thread Information