Thread: Apple Music LOSSLESS very soon !

Apple Music LOSSLESS very soon !

FINALLY !

up to 24/192

In June 2021, Apple Music is getting a big update, and it's free to all subscribers. The entire catalog of over 75 million tracks will be available in a lossless audio format using ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Compression), starting with 20M tracks and expanding to the entire catalog by the end of 2021

https://www.macworld.com/article/346...mepod-dac.html

Very interesting, I must say that it’s about time!

Widget

It all may finally result with people's rising interest about proper HiFi gear again! So, Lansing-fans - start quickly polish Your speakers!
    BACK TO THE FUTURE !

NAD M33 is quite a exellent example of new era.
    NAD M33 + JBL 4367 could be hell of a Top-notch combo. Plug'n play. Plus world biggest music library in your livingroom.
    Dirac'n shit incl.

(or NAD M10 + JBL 4349 for poors , lol)

INSTANT EXCELLENCE. No need 'very experienced' no for installation neither gathering library. Everything, instantly, just for money.

/ The new Apple Music audio formats will be available to Apple Music subscribers at no additional cost in June. In response, Amazon announced that its Amazon Music HD tier, which previously cost an extra $5 a month, will now be free. Spotify’s own HiFi service is due to launch later this year but it hasn’t mentioned a new pricing tier /

in drilling down to the fine print it turns out that access to the lossless versions is only available on Macs running the latest Big Sur OS and the current IOS version so once again a stick to upgrade disguised as a carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    FINALLY !

up to 24/192

In June 2021, Apple Music is getting a big update, and it's free to all subscribers. The entire catalog of over 75 million tracks will be available in a lossless audio format using ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Compression), starting with 20M tracks and expanding to the entire catalog by the end of 2021

https://www.macworld.com/article/346...mepod-dac.html

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Casey View Post
    in drilling down to the fine print it turns out that access to the lossless versions is only available on Macs running the latest Big Sur OS and the current IOS version so once again a stick to upgrade disguised as a carrot.
    I'm too lazy to drill down.

Did you notice if you can you save the content to your drive or does it remain cloud based... if you can save it, then it is a big plus. If it remains cloud based, then I don't see any reason to use it... though I guess for those inclined to use Apple Music, it makes that platform more competitive with everyone else's high rez content.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    can you save the content to your drive or does it remain cloud based
    THAT'S THE QUESTION !

Today Apple sent a e-mail.
    Bitrate isn't rised YET but it DOES sound more relaxed. Bass doesn't boomy anymore and percussion highs are more real.
    Even old-good DOORS, RIDERS IN THE STORM sounds new.

Tidal pissed me off (the endless streaming F) and I started rebuild my playlist AGAIN to Apple Music, to purchase again, 3rd time!
    (Robert Plant owe me a beer, no doubt)

Fortunately, was lazy and didn't do much.
    Now waiting for great interest the HiRes announcement.

When iTunes started couple century ago, STEVE JOBS sayd: if people anyway pack the content, lets then do it in good way. And Apple did, AAC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FINALLY !
    .... 75 million tracks will be available in a lossless audio format using ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Compression), ....

Small correction: ALAC is rather Apple Lossless Audio Codec, therefore without compression. It is AAC which is Advanced Audio Coding with compression.

With regards
    Music is emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by macsic View Post
    Small correction: ALAC is rather Apple Lossless Audio Codec, therefore without compression. It is AAC which is Advanced Audio Coding with compression.

With regards
    You are right, macsic !
    There is a mistake in article.

BTW, CD is compressed and when ALAC features CD quality then it's just CD quality

Hopefully they find it sensible rise as much as possible of library to 24bit/192kHz (as it was mentioned - up to!)
    Because talking about Apple there is not question about resources...

ANYWAY, GREAT NEWS.
    And I'm mac sic aswell! Cheers!

It's here

... but, just streaming looks like

F

When I use Mac, only streaming allows higher quality. Purchase - I pay - comes still 256kb !?

Now is a bit stuped situation: in iPhone every 'knob is turned to max' and playlists stream anyway, at HiRes : in my car is cleaner than at home.

At home music comes from my Mac.
    When it's PURCHASED it comes as is. And it is 256.
    So, in Mac I have to delete and re-download.

But ... it quite nice though

My best MIDSUMMER!
    We, nordic people, celebrate today the nicest time in the year, the longest day and shortest nigth of the Year. There is basically no clear sunset and sunrise today. It's light out there 24 hrs.
    We usually celebarte this holy day makeing fireplaces, hanging out etc.

I'm with my Mac! Celebrating music!

12minute song 1/4 TB ! and sounds without 'mistakes'
    (my first IBM PC had 20TB HD, lol)
    Especially drum set is first I notice is totally turned to real world. And vocals and strings are not 'behind' the whole gang but 'in front'.
    Apple doesn't specify at every file information but it's obvious it's way higher intensity of information than CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    if you can you save the content to your drive or does it remain cloud based...

THAT'S THE QUESTION !

Accepted is to download HiRes into Mac and play offline. It works!
    I switched computer physically off from network, made restart (it was not able to log in to my account), and it works. Computer is still the same...

So, if there is no network (or poor connection or END OF THE WORLD, lol) and you downloaded the content, you can use it.
    It's OK for me when I can chill with my Mac after World War 3 too ...

Deal is, I understand, I can use it as long I ... use it. When I die, and my Mac dies, then it all ends.
    Thinking a little bit, it's OK! Another words - nobody has to clean up behind us the digital shit we leave, when we leave.

This is totally insane if to think a'bit. People take their AMAZING phones and shoot AMAZING quality pictures of ... shelfs of store: to send home, what kind limonade - honey - You want me to buy to You !?
    This all senselessness stays nicely saved somewhere in servers.

Read, already TODAY, digital carbage exceeds ('old-school')physical. Could be, if count all rare metals needed and energy to keep these all servers alive. And all that carbage electronics made during last 1/4 century. And this is just beginning.
    So, don't collect shit!

I think there are many ways to remove what you posted yourself

I wonder how much a subscription with a new update will cost

Thread Information