Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4367 Cabinet

Rob,

Can you share what Björn have found out about the 4367 construction?

I have the 2216Nd-1, it is in a larger cabinet at the moment. I plan to cut that cabinet down to the same volume as the 4367, and/or build a new cabinet to combine it with M2 horn.

Do anyone have a parts list for the 4367?

We are slowly getting there. Parts done awaiting to be put together.

Name:  IMG_3161.jpg
Views: 2413
Size:  149.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_3165.jpg
Views: 2321
Size:  113.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3169.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  119.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3172.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  110.4 KB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

Starting to look decent.

They will be placed on resessed anti-vibration feet as many of my other builds (40 shore). The stands do have resessed built in wheels in the bottom that are not visible.

One pair will be passive, and I will run my pair active via a BSS DSP. I will also run a large format 4" driver instead for the D2. I have both and will try both but historically I have preferred that 4" river. However, I have no idea how they measure on this wave guide yet.

The stands are made so the amps fit in the bottom of each speaker.

We will try to make alu stickers for the wave guide, without the original adjustment knobs. I will also use an angled metal Speakon 8-pole plug in the rear as opposed to the original plastic terminal.

I have no idea why the pictures wind up on the side as the originals are correct oriented...

Name:  IMG_1496.jpg
Views: 2229
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1488.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  120.1 KB

Amazing work as usual.

Does anyone know what size the threads are in the horn to mount it to the baffle. They seem very close to M5. Could it be UNC 10--24?

Rob, is there a part number for the 4367 WG? Are they available to the average Joe?

I can check on the threads in the wave guide over the weekend. Not sure at this point. The "horn neck" is not that sturdy so, as I will run a 4" driver, we will make a small support for the driver in the cabinet. I have D2's also and as they are smaller in diameter such support should not be in the way for a D2 swap if someone would like to do so later.The wave guides are just named "JBL Synthesis 4367 Horn" with an SKU No: 111-0013-001. Please check with "Speaker Exchange" in Florida, they are brilliant to deal with.As from what I hear JBL has limited or closed the access to parts from "Luxury" and many parts from that division is no longer available. PRO is still open as I understand, which would provide for the 2216Nd being available but the 2216Nd-1 not so. This is just what I heard, and maybe someone hear on LH can confirm or falsify.

Hi again,I believe that the threads in the wave guide are M5's, ie 5mm metric. At least my tap went right in.There are 6pcs M5 inserts on the back side of the wave guide.

Nice work Rob
    Looks even better this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Lightbulb

Very nice!!!

Widget

Just asked the usual source, 4367 Horn Lens no longer available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpsmash View Post
    Just asked the usual source, 4367 Horn Lens no longer available for purchase.
    Bummer.

Plan?

I'm seeing some awesome 4367 builds! Does anyone have plans to share?Paul

As with me, it is always a slow process. -Should have had these done by Christmas, but no cigar.

Ok, some progress.

Stands done with recessed wheels and space for 2HE amps and all cables done. Amps will be located right under each speaker.

It will be Speakon 8p to get the wider contact surface with 2 pairs sin parallell i each plug. The metal Neutrik's are pretty slick. The female's are recessed in the cabinet so I can move closer to the wall, if needed.

I have added some extra bracing in the cabinet splitting all "open surfaces" into triangles as triangles have no natural resonance frequency for standing waves. At least from what I'm told.

In addition the mid section right behind the woofer is lined with Bitumen and wool felt to reduce direct reflections on the rear of the woofer.

The cabinet is then lined with 50mm fiber glass on all walls. Nasty stuff. I use ladies hair spray to keep loose fibers in place... :-)

Ports and port extensions are painted and the next step will be to measure the porting frequency with the drivers in situ and adjust the port length. I'm thinking about 27 Hz or so. I will be running DSP so I can always fix some there.

Adapter plates to large format drivers are done and drivers with my special recipe using D16R475Nd diaphragm in wool felt clad back-cap 2451 cores are done. Look promising. I will not use any protection capacitor with these, but only an -8 db attenuator with 50W alu cooled resistors.

I also built a basic streamer using a Raspberry Pi4, feeding a BSS BLU-USB sound-card and then digitally feeding a BSS BLU-50 4-channel DSP. That will keep the signal in the digital domain most of the way. A volume control is added in the BSS (41 bit floating point) and can be remotely controlled, or by a physical knob at the front of the streamer. I also added a touch screen if the iPad gives up... I added 4 analog inputs just in case... -And a POE Ethernet connection for a BSS wall-controller, if I want to go that direction. ( I have a bunch in a box somewhere...)

I hope they will turn out resonable and potentially an alternative to the M2's, after selling mine. I hope the limited vertical dispersion will be an improvement in my (less that stellar) residential environment. From my measurement the large format drivers seem to really like this wave guide. As mentioned before I did measure 9 different JBL drivers (including D2's) on the VTX, M2 and 4367 wave guides a while back. Data (rather extensive) is available to those who want. Drop me a line and I can give access to a Dropbox.

I know M2 are supposed to be the be best, but in my room they did not perform as good as they can. I have heard them in "studio environment" (side by side with E2) and they are really analytic (as I like it) so I know they can be fantastic. -And I do use the M2 wave guide with my BE drivers in the other system so I hope to be able to compare them later. Albeit they are 3-way due to BE limited bandwidth above 14-15k on the M2 wave guide.

Below some pictures. I will add some measurements when I get there.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by sebackman; 05-23-2023 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typos

Thread Information