Hello all... Hope things are as well as possible given things.

As with many, I've been left ample time to ponder things and have a few burning questions regarding horns and waveguides. Unfortunately my experiences are limited and getting a frame of reference for how things sound is tricky at best.

Looking at the Yuichi A290 horn, the A480 and others of the sort has me wondering about how these sound compared to more modern waveguides like say the M2. I realize the horn and waveguide comparison is tricky, as they actually do different things in theory, but am wondering:

- how does the sound of a Yuichi type horn compare to that of a CD waveguide like the one found on the much more modern M2?

- I'm guessing directivity between the two types differ... Is there certain situations where one excels over the other?

- always considered the 1.4-1.5" throat drivers a good compromise between LF extension and HF... But don't see them used in the Yuichi type horns very much. Is there a reason?

- if going big like a 2", does the older 2445 function as we as more modern, non JBL offered drivers? Any merit to a coaxial in a Yuichi horn?

I'm not planning anything yet but trying to navigate all the options and compromises sometimes gives me more questions than answers. I understand different strokes and the sort, but just looking for a generalization of the differences, whether they're things you personally like/dislike or just general perceptions. Thanks in advance.