Does anyone know and I can't even find pics of what I am trying to figure out. I have a few sets of 104H midrange drivers. My teak 250ti's and the limited edition black piano 250ti's both have the original 104H drivers that are the gray polypropylene cones like all Ti speakers I have owned and
seen. Now in the early 90's I bought a set of 104H drivers new from JBL as backups and have those original boxes. But the 104H's that I think are the ones I purchased have black polypropylene cones. I just can't remember from back then if these black polypropylene 104H's were the new drivers I bought from JBL.
I searched here and all over the internet and can't find one photo of a black 104H. Does anyone know if they were used in other JBL speakers. Did the switch in 1984 to the 104H midrange drivers in polypropylene were produced in black before the gray showed up on the Ti's. The date on the back of the 104H black cone
is 1986 and I know these 250ti's were out in 1985. Did JBL use the black cones in the early versions. But I am not talking about the 104H-2's with the black non poly cones that I have a set of from back in the day. Just confused and can't find any info. Thanks upfront for any help/info.