Hello,

This is my first post on here because I'm a recent first time JBL owner. I bought a pair of 4312As from a distance seller (I'm in eastern spain and the seller is in the NW corner). Anyway, I hooked them up this evening and noticed from up close that one of the tweeters was quiet. It isn't that noticeable since the midranges seem to handle a lot of high frequency. But either way I'd like them to be completely working.

I took both tweeters out and they are a nearly matching pair (both dates in January '89). The working one measures 4 ohms via a multimeter, and the non-working one is 0.6 ohms. I was expecting it to be open, so the lower resistance was a surprise. I suppose the coil could be worn such that adjacent windings are conducting.

Anyway, I see there are aftermarket tweeters available (~$100 including shipping to Spain each!!). There are replacement dome/coil kits, and I have a feeling it wouldn't make sense to replace only one of the two given that these obviously aren't OEM. Finally there are used tweeters available on a well known auction site (also expensive with costly shipping on top).

Vintage JBLs are rare over here and seem to fetch a lot more money here than in the states, and spares are almost non-existent. What approach would you take?

Thanks in advance!

And if anyone happens to have a surplus circa 1989 tweeter laying around and would ship to Spain, let me know!