Thread: Suggestions on Amp for LF of the JBL4350

Suggestions on Amp for LF of the JBL4350

Hope everyone is stay safe and healthy.

I currently is running a JBL 4350AWX and the HF is clean, detail and just beautiful , however the LF seems to be lacking clarity and that round glorious bass,
    I am currently running a boulder 2060 Class A 600w on it... but I honestly can't say that I am not " FEELING " it ,,, so just want to check in with you guys if
    there was experience from the community.

I am planning to use a CROWN XLS 2502 , or a QSC RMX series to see if the higher power will create a better control over the dual 15" woofers on each speaker.
    or something like the Crown https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/i-tech-5000hd

Thank you for any advice !

JK

I tried a Crown XLS2502 and didn't care for it. It seemed weak. I think either was on a system with dual 2226 or a single 2245, I can't remember. I bought a Crest 7001 about two months ago and I like it.

When I research, there is someone who loves and someone who hates every amplifier made.

Quote Originally Posted by jbldd6600 View Post
    I currently is running a JBL 4350AWX and the HF is clean, detail and just beautiful , however the LF seems to be lacking clarity and that round glorious bass,
    I am currently running a...
    Changing amps may help, but I would look at the room, room placement, and even the woofers in your speakers.

The original woofers in your system would have been the 2231A. At a minimum the surrounds will have been replaced a few times over the years. Assuming the speakers were used as intended, the spiders may be worn out by now. Alternatively the woofers may have been swapped out and 2235H woofers installed or 2235H recone kits installed in the old alnico frames. Either of these would be the recommended path, but even these would likely be older and worked on also. If you have the older 2231A frames with their alnico magnets, then you may also need to have the magnets recharged as they can get partially demagnetized when over-driven.

Lastly, in my personal opinion a pair of new 2235H woofers in a 4350 cabinet does not offer the best bass I have ever heard.

Widget

Do you have proper high pass filter on the low end, if the speakers are unloading/flopping from trying
    to reproduce too low of below the cabinet tuning that will make low end sound loose without definition.

What are you using for a crossover.

The ITech is high end pro amp with a lot of power and a lot of built in DSP.

Thread Information