Thread: Loading JBL M2 DSP file on Crown DCi 4x1250

Loading JBL M2 DSP file on Crown DCi 4x1250

Just purchased a pair of M2s and a Crown DCi 4x1250. You'd think for the price of this system, they'd load the DSP files for you, but I guess not.

Has anyone got a how to link to share to shorten my learning curve?

TIA for your help!

Here's what you need, both manual and tuning files: http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...DCi_Series.zip

Awesome! Thanks you kind Sir!

Thank you. That was easier than I thought it would be.

It appears the link above is dead (404). So here is what you need to do. Go to https://jblpro.com/en/softwares/audio-architect-windows and download Harman HiQnet Audio Architect. This has two applications in it: HiQnet NetSetter for connecting to the amp (a network application) and Audio Architect for loading the audio file on to the amp and making your desired changes to the crossover. Connect an ethernet cable between the PC and your Crown amp. Turn on the amp and open the software. This is where it gets complicated. Not because it is hard, but because it is new to you software and like with any new software, it takes time to learn and can be frustrating. Once you're done you'll agree that it wasn't that hard. So to shorten the learning curve, keep reading...

I found a really great guy at Harman that was super patient and knowledgeable with all this software (not so much the JBL products, but that doesn't really matter). His name is Wes Switzer and he can be reached at Harman's main number (844-776-4899). He is based in Dallas, TX. He can log into your PC remotely and take over the installation & setup. The other guy I've worked with at JBL is Everett Watts at the same main number for Harman. He is very knowledgeable about the JBL products, but not as much the software. Everett is in Northridge, CA.

So, if it isn't obvious yet, I'll point it out. After owning the M2s for 2 years, I am still in total love with them. They are everything JBL promotes them to be and more. I just went to my friends house to listen to his new KEFs. What a disappointment they were. Lifeless, un-dynamic and flat compared to the M2s. I wish JBL would have packaged the M2s in a beautiful wood, curved cabinet like the Synthesis line but, by now, I hope it is obvious that these are really not designed for the casual hobbyist. These take some sophistication on the part of the owner to set up and given that most audio guys don't have that level of sophistication, they opted to focus sales on the professional market. But if you're at all willing to push through the learning curve for the one-time setup, you will be more than compensated with a marvelous audiophile experience for years to come.
    Good luck,
    Paul

Thread Information