SOME CABLES AND CONNECTORS

Latest trip to dealer i added some more Neutrik connectors to my stock. Heard at the time something that i didn't like, dealer wondering if some connectors might be discontinued since their automatic replenishment of those by distributor is not being done for certain models i happen to like. Didn't smell good. Whatever the reason i didn't want to be left with the models i don't like as over time i have many more cable assemblies to make.

So recently checking Neutrik's web site only confirms the bad news. They discontinued the whole C series (7 models), like NP3C 1/4" TRS; NP2C 1/4" TS and other similar ones. These are good 1/4" connectors i often use, specially the balanced NP3C. Neutrik's bean counter decided he'd seen those long enough i guess. Its a damn shame to pretend, like Neutrik does, the replacement PX series (NP3X and NP2X) is an improvement. Its a joke.

Owning a pair of those NP3X to look at and test, they're not worth my time, except maybe for someone using a very small cable such as Canare L-2B2AT. Too much assembly time wasted "fighting" with this too small body connector using normal size cable. Not using that pair its a low ball from Neutrik bean counter. Granted in a tight patchbay one might find it acceptable, can't think of another usefulness with actual normal user cables.

I wouldn't be surprised they'll also discontinue in the near future older XLRs NC3MX and NC3FX i also use, since Neutrik already released replacement models NC3MXX and NC3FXX, that most local professionals simply refuse to purchase! If i'm ever short of NP3C, NC3MX or NC3FX then i'll simply switch the shorter Canare cable assemblies i kept to longer Provo installation cable. This won't be a pain the connectors i used with Canare were mostly good old Swiss made Neutriks that last for life. Don't intend to use the newer models the mfr is pushing. Nein!

Richard

91 Neutriks all in, 1/4" and XLRs. Might seem crazy but when i'm done there won't be many left, maybe spares. I want to avoid unplugging cables from say crossover A to use them on crossover B and do the same for EQs, amps, etc. wasting time with plug/unplug for each move. Every device having its own wiring, that leaves turning the switches/pots on or off...
Name:  IMG_3121.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  95.9 KB