Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: KM2

macaroonie, after Your post I just have to replay one of my previous attachements
    (actually, I went bit further but let it be at moment)
    And thanks one more time for PS hint!

Rob, guess why the Lens-part is (was) hidden yet
    And it's very nice from You to be concerned how I'll manage crossover, passive, active, analog, paralog, whateverlog.
    I just love and do this carpentry-work, as macaroonie sayd, gently.
    (only HF and UHF get some caps and thats it)
    Cuprum sausages come out from the box and every driver (actually way) gets his own amp.
    And then there is some mechatronics works (familiar too) , assembling N-cores and Eigentakts into enclosures made from nice fat brushed aluminium.
    I LOVE THIS JOB!
    (I do similar basically every day)

And AFTER that I have freedom cross them or IIR or FIR

ivica, I do not see the point assemble TX dia into old 2451 core. There are new Berylliums with 5-split phase plug out there, at least same level as 476.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anti , this is an exciting AND challenging project. I suppose what you are attempting is a modern 4350 , in a nice box.
    You biggest challenge of course will be to make that barn behave. From the pictures there is a lot of glass and hard floor. Lots to do there to make it good.
    I'm certain you will make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Anti , this is an exciting AND challenging project. I suppose what you are attempting is a modern 4350 , in a nice box.
    You biggest challenge of course will be to make that barn behave. From the pictures there is a lot of glass and hard floor. Lots to do there to make it good.
    I'm certain you will make it happen.
    Anyone know the internal volume of an Everest cabinet??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    macaroonie, after Your post I just have to replay one of my previous attachements
    (actually, I went bit further but let it be at moment)
    And thanks one more time for PS hint!
    ivica, I do not see the point assemble TX dia into old 2451 core. There are new Berylliums with 5-split phase plug out there, at least same level as 476.
    Hi Anti K,

I have no idea what type of the driver is in Your mind, and what kind of Be diaphragm is installed into it, but if it is the same as JBL 476Be, then everything is OK. Using Be with not Be- suspension would not produce the same results as JBL BE.

Regrads
    ivica

more gasoline on the fire

'

Hi Anti K,

I think that You have to forget solution with mid-bass driver, and to put dual 2216nd to work 'in-paralleled', up to about 1kHz, as their THD in the region 100Hz to 1kHz is almost under 45dB while 115dB SPL level is applied. As their front panels are 'angled' so that would enhance horizontal plane dispersion. It would be expect-able to reach 100dB/1m SPL applying 2.8V. So on DD66K horn good 1.5" compression driver has to be applied and UHF very deficient [ like old JBL 2402, 2405, 2404 ] has to be applied over 10kHz. Do not forget that CD horn VHF driver compensation ( about +6dB/octave 'shelf' filter) has to be applied (I would expect about +10dB rise), so to operate on lower THD region proper compression driver would very important, not to mention UHF driver(s).
    On attached figure from the JBL TN.no.31_vol.1 is THD shown with CD horn compensation.

Regards
    Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    I think that You have to forget solution with mid-bass driver, and to put dual 2216nd to work 'in-paralleled', up to about 1kHz
    Polars would be horrid, angled baffle or not

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post

Why not use a pair of 2216-Nd in the box as is and try it with the original DD66000/DD67000/4435 helper woofer scenario? You can also build a small test box for your 10"/12" mid bass driver, set it up top centered above the horn. You could then field test both arrangements and see which you prefer.

If you prefer the 4-way, then build a new baffle that pops out enough to give you the needed cu ft and room for the mid bass. I think you will be happy with the 2216-Nd plus 2216-Nd helper with no mid bass driver.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Hi POS,

I have to agree with You. But having two drivers in angled baffle may be can help, especially if separately driven with the DSP support.

Regards
    Ivica

Why give up on a cone midrange? A ten inch or so cone mid driver would allow the crossover point to move up to 1k2 -1k5 and allow the choice of a 1" or 1.5" high frequency driver that would provide good response to very close to 20k. A good three way solution.

Hi Anti K,

I think that You have to forget solution with mid-bass driver, ...

Regards
    Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Casey View Post
    Why give up on a cone midrange? A ten inch or so cone mid driver would allow the crossover point to move up to 1k2 -1k5 and allow the choice of a 1" or 1.5" high frequency driver that would provide good response to very close to 20k. A good three way solution.
    HI Riley Casey,

If operation over 110dB/1m SPL with low THD is expect-able, then 10" driver without horn loading would have some problem, I think.

Regards
    Ivica

HI Riley Casey,

If operation over 110dB/1m SPL with low THD is expect-able, then 10" driver without horn loading would have some problem, I think.

Regards
    Ivica

Not really a 2123 could do that all day. It's 100db 1 watt and can handle 250 watts.

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/pe...s/2-horns.html

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Not really a 2123 could do that all day. It's 100db 1 watt and can handle 250 watts.

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/pe...s/2-horns.html

Rob
    Hi Robh3606,

I can not find JBL 2123H THD data graph especially for high output SPL, but only for 2012H, and Beyma 10Mi100.

Regards
    Ivica

Hello Ivica

I could not find anything beyond the brochure and the 3rd page of the driver spec is missing in the library. Did you look at what I posted a link too? If you can use them in a system that could cover a 2-300 hundred seat theater and have to pad it down at home it's going to be fine. I use a pair in my active stereo pair and it's a great driver.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Why not use a pair of 2216-Nd in the box as is and try it with the original DD66000/DD67000/4435 helper woofer scenario?
    DD66000s are defenitely excellent. And so is driver 2216Nd.
    I'm wondering, if Mr. Greg Timbers knew the potential customes will have all these nowadays digital tools (despite a one fullrange amp) and full freedom to design, did he do same kind of Everest then? It's a stupid question, of cause. We never know.

Additional mid can be assembled vertically aligned with horn and another, more important thing in my mind is:
    if same (kind of) motor drives not 140gram but 40-60gram cone
    (with just 35% less surface area + 'released' of drag the energy-hungry lows) ,
    it's potentially has to be more transparent?
    In theory.

Thinking of 10-12'' 600W MID...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Why not use / ... / the box as is
    Looking every day them and think the same thing... JBL 15'' fit there just perfectly!
    They look stunning. Until I'll install the cover, like JeffW said - what stay behind the grill stays behing the grill

Assemble a new Horn ( and I have to do that) would be a very dirty work. I'll feel myself like barbarian.
    Compared to that, assemble a new faceplate with epoxy below the horn is a piece of cake. And result would be - if someone sees it first time without knowledge of original - never notice it was othervise.

There is no 476Be in sales (fortunately are Radian and TAD), no 1500AL-2, 045 tweeter is a toy. Last but not least, today don't see the point make them passive as original.
    SOME of changes has to be done anyway. Question just is, how many. But one thing is for sure - if I cange at least ONE thing, it not a clone anymore... So.

But I have to tell! DD66000 cabinets are built sophisticated and with care, all these inner structures etc.
    And make changes are all truly difficult decisions for me. Out of respect what is done there...

Thread Information