Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: KM2

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    You told me the story over dinner in 2004. It was back in your days at college or University. Them was wild times. That maybe why you don’t recall?
    You chaps need to cut this out , AntiK might just get some bright ideas .... Variable frequency AC outlets. Ian can you speak to Nelson about this please .

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    You chaps need to cut this out , AntiK might just get some bright ideas .... Variable frequency AC outlets. Ian can you speak to Nelson about this please .
    If I got now point...

There was way ago in HighEnd community an argue, and at last they made a F blind-test
    🤯
    Is there difference, if amp's AC feed fork kick into wall socket that way or another.
    (in many counties it's impossible but we have symmetrical sockets for mains)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UK is one way contacts only back to the distribution box

Live 240v
    Neutral
    Ground

It's a very organised system mainly set up for safety. The Plugs / connectors are rubbish.
    You will probably be familiar with Powercon , a version of Speakon , thats how to do it properly.

Name:  flames.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  43.3 KB

UK is one way contacts only
    I know, my stepdaughter learned and now lives in London

and saw alot interesting socket in my life
    had even hobby, photoshoot electric poles, most interesting are (were) in Asia and Middle-East with hundreds (yes) cords into same wood pole....
    Africa and Nairob(err)y is 'interesting' in other terms

rambled across the Earth, some places are destroyed in war for now, some are destroyed in earthquake; same plane to Papua went down a little later, was the time as well - I looked out to the sky from between the body panels...

Pics
    - me at quick rest-stop in hotel which vanished bit after we leaved
    - taxi at crossroads, ahead seen traffic marks
    - lady asked a cigarette from me, man's eye betrays: its enough food standing in front of him not a guy with camera...

Live 240v
    Neutral
    Ground
    It's a very organised system mainly set up for safety.
    Mac, I'm founder of my company, produce el.mechanical equipment , no difficulties in that 'region'.

It's like on the sea - don't afraid but respect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWidget
    I would make these fairly subtle changes to your overall plan
    Looked today at work the thing at that view of angle.

Funny thing is, the Main wall (on plan red) is a tough fat brick wall. I had plan to cover it with veneered panels.
    And builders ended not while ago the dirty works - cut into stone new holes for new doors where I ordered and closed old ones. One old door was EXACTLY there where is on Your draft Front-Right Sub
    Was ideal niche. Was...

I looked and looked today, can I reverse time...

The point is - do I understand You correctly? - if Sub is suspended, whole wall acts as faceplate of speaker.
    Standalone speaker's lows radiate to the backside as well and when meet the wall, there i have to mess up with summed waves...

Is it theoretically possible to do Main wall as 'matte' as it does not reflect (significally) lows back? Textile covered wool? Or veneer with holes and backside the wool...?

OR. I cannot move the wall up to metre.
    BMS most tough 18'' thing is 10inch deep. JBL 2269 is 12 1/2 inch.
    Theoretically is possible make some only max 15inch deep but with huge facepalte enclosures. Like in theatres but even thinner.
    Which rise a new topic: does SUB work properly if enclosure is so thin where woofer barely accomondates?

I was suggesting you build out a deep wall with a fabric face. Think of it as a hollow box that would be about 0.8 meters deep. It can have rigid or solid returns (sides) along your hallway and window facing side, but the face of this "box" or 0.8 meter thick wall would be covered in a smooth tight weave fabric that resembles a plastered wall.

The face of this wall can also look like a fabric wall if you want, but I assumed you wanted a smooth white wall. There are fabrics especially for this purpose. These fabrics are typically covering ceilings with acoustic treatment behind them, but we have used this technique in homes and offices to give an uber austere look and yet achieve warm and controlled acoustics.

Inside this deep wall with it's fabric face, you can place a pair of industrial subwoofers and you can install diffusers and deep absorptive panels.

Widget

You chaps need to cut this out , AntiK might just get some bright ideas .... Variable frequency AC outlets..
    Highly unlikely.

I don’t think discussing mains AC wiring on a public forum is appropriate or event remotely funny.

It’s how people become curious and get in harms way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Highly unlikely.

I don’t think discussing mains AC wiring on a public forum is appropriate or event remotely funny.

It’s how people become curious and get in harms way.
    What? You brought it up. #341

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Shipment

Folks, how long does it usually takes to get your packages on US soil?

I'm very curious of everything what's going on all around the world but I probably miss the news some cargo plane went down across the Atlantic or container-ship sunk.
    2 weeks ago my 4367 Lens left from Miami. USPS Priority Mail.

Hello AntiK

It depends on country of origin. I am on the east coast. UK post figure a week to 10 days UK Air with tracking about half the time. Germany, Italy 2 - 3 weeks normal post. Canada depends on where from big country! Week to 2 weeks. China can be horrific time wise 6-8 weeks. With COVID it can add a week or more to all of them.

You are only 2 weeks in how long does it take for ground shipping through Europe?? Do you know how US mail comes into Estonia? Is it direct or say to Germany and then by truck. How long through customs??

I am very close to NYC so close to an International Hub for mail in the US.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Ten days would be normal to the UK from US , most of the time being customs clearance BS in the UK.
    If you could have arranged shipment Via the US military to Estonia you could have made a short drive to the Russian border to pick up your shipment in person in three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    how long does it take for ground shipping through Europe??
    Just some days.
    Tiny things I send/receive every week.
    Bigger company supplies me with bolts, cords, glues - next day usually if I'm not too lazy and make orders in the morning.

If you could have arranged shipment Via the US military to Estonia you could have made a short drive
    Yeah, NATO base is here, had to call boys - extremely important
    _______

Probably then normal if You name such schedules - between continents, Covid difficulties, just few planes in use...

Asked because their Tracking is 'phenomenal'. Though, there is five recordings with precise of one second how they 'scrached' the package inside Miami Center, basically from moment sender kicked goods out from its door to the end I have received: Computer-aided-code-tracking says: In Transit. Wow.

Business-idea: A site, you can track your current status. 3 recordings: birth, death, alive. Log in with personal ID. Annual fee $1.
    There is 8 billion people out there...

?

What does it mean !?
    Just like that, 1:1 !?

https://mingxuanlight.en.made-in-chi...er-Woofer.html

Thread Information