Thread: Thread size / spec question: L250 midrange bolts

Thread size / spec question: L250 midrange bolts

Two of my L250 upper midrange (LE5-11) bolts (calling them bolts since they thread into t-nuts - maybe more conventional to call them screws?) have messed up threads, as I was surprised to discover when removing my upper midranges.

Hoping I can chase them with a die to clean them up for re-installation. Forgive my laziness, I thought I would ask here first as to what the thread spec is. I'm assuming it's a standard size?

Or, if replacements are readily available, I'd love to know.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan
    Currently: L300, C40 Harkness (030 Load), 4301B

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Law View Post
    Two of my L250 upper midrange (LE5-11) bolts (calling them bolts since they thread into t-nuts - maybe more conventional to call them screws?) have messed up threads, as I was surprised to discover when removing my upper midranges.

Hoping I can chase them with a die to clean them up for re-installation. Forgive my laziness, I thought I would ask here first as to what the thread spec is. I'm assuming it's a standard size?

Or, if replacements are readily available, I'd love to know.
    According to the L250 diagram, the original part number 21757 is superseded by part number 804-01110-20 which has this description: SCR,10-32 X 1 1/4,FIL,PH,BLK ZINC,LCS. Last price list I have shows them for $0.30 each from JBL/Crown.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Yes they are standard machine screws, 32 thread. But I thought they were #8. Anyway, don't expect to get any cooperation from the t-nuts. If a t-nut comes loose you should replace it with a new one. Available at Lowe's.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Yes they are standard machine screws, 32 thread. But I thought they were #8. Anyway, don't expect to get any cooperation from the t-nuts. If a t-nut comes loose you should replace it with a new one. Available at Lowe's.
    Maybe #6? I listed the wrong part. The 12704 is the original number now superseded to 802-11010-16 SCR,6-32 X 1,FLT,PH,BLK ZINC,LCS 78¢. I read right past that "upper" mid-range in the original post.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks very much. Ordered. JBL Pro Service rocks! The person I spoke with (Dave, I believe) mentioned he's into vintage JBL guitar stuff like the D and K. He loved that I was listening to L250s and gave me a heck of a deal on the bolts.
    Currently: L300, C40 Harkness (030 Load), 4301B

Thread Information