Hello all, this is my first time posting on the forums I am here to just get an idea on what to do to improve my l166 Horizons left mid-range. on the left channel does not work I've tried cleaning the l-pad I even took the cap off (which hurt me inside) I'm about to put the right channel mid-range into the left to see if I just bought a bad midrange off eBay (don't have a volt meter). I got this pair of l166's as a gift, gifted to me by my future father-in-law for Christmas the left mid-range stopped working some time ago I'm not entirely sure if it was even working when I got them, my memory is failing me but his son had replaced the woofers with JBL loud car woofers so I bought some 128h Wilfred off of eBay and put those in. It's a night-and-day difference, but Im curious as to whether or not the 122a wolfers are better.(or how they differ from the 122a's) I'm not necessarily looking for an all-original build but if I could use all original JBL parts from back in that time period to make the best floor standing speakers to my ears, that would be wonderful. Any response is greatly appreciated. I also am wondering if the le5 - 5 out of the gerbils would be an upgrade in the sense of sound for the mid-range. Sorry if I am bringing pain to the Grandmasters who like them all original. I'm just trying to figure out what I like. Thanks again everyone
,Mike