Thread: Seeking recommendations on $6000 budget

Seeking recommendations on $6000 budget

Hi. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to JBL equipment (or audio equipment in general). I've been thinking of purchasing a pair new JBL monitors but haven't decided on which one. Plan to visit the JBL Northridge HQ some time later this year. But in the meantime, which models should I research? My budget is about $6,000 for the speakers. It'll mostly be for music listening - Jazz, Classical, some Pop. I want to feel like the music is live or as close to it as possible. Initially looking at the 4429. It would be for my living room (20x20) or possibly one of the smaller rooms (13x13). Are there other models I should be considering? Is the 4365 the next model up?

Keep an eye open for the 1400 Array in the used market. They should come in around your range.
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

Look for a Synthesis dealers: Only one in my area that I am aware of: https://www.homeaudiosound.com They have a number of listening rooms. I would recommend spending a day and listening.

Thread Information