Thanks for your kind words! Actually, it is not a big thing (although it is kind of huge...). However, it is a lot smaller than three 4355...

Maybe some explanations how it works:

• There are three mid-high channels (left-center-right) based on the 4355 (driver and passive crossover).They act like satellite speakers.
  • There is one subwoofer channel comprising the two 2245. They replace the 2235 of the 4355.
  • Everything is combined in one cabinet. Therefore I called it "soundbar": It is kind of a "3.2 System" (left-center-right + two subwoofers).
  • The active crossover/bass management is currently handled by a simple AV Receiver (actually a Pioneer SC-2022 - they claim to have good and stable class-d amps included).
  • The crossover is around 100/120 Hz. The 2202 are corrected via DSP because their SPL already drops from around 250 Hz downwards.

Going forward, I consider to replace the digital bass management by an active crossover to have a real analog signal chain from the turntable to the speaker. But it is kind of tricky to combine the two channel stereo or 2.1-world with the 5.1 or 7.1 world.

And no, it can not be moved around but that was never the intention. My open baffle speakers had to stay about 1m away from the back wall. It was always lost and dusty space behind the speakers and a lot of cables laid around. The idea was to have a speaker like a cupboard which fits nicely against the back wall.

Actually, I do not have plots. Originally I planned a more sophisticated internal bracing like a matrix. But the test enclosure is much simpler. The midwoofer enclosures are the only bracings. A good thing is, that the heavy 2440/2441 drivers can be placed on the midwoofer enclosures. And there is a simple lath attached to the back and top wall. If you look through a 2245-hole you can see the lath, the midwoofer-enclosures left and right and the small boards on top of them which are the stands for the 2440/2441:

Name:  03_Gehäuse Dämmung Jute Hanf Matten 2.jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  233.5 KB

I hope that helps.

Stefan