I have sold my 4365:s. They were too large and expensive. I have now downgraded to 3 pieces of 4429 instead as L-C-R speakers in my living-room cinema.

I will try this procedure, that Greg Timbers used, for the fun of it, and see where it takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
"I haven’t gotten back into working with the DBX or with any other speaker models. I am using an AllDSP model PLP226 Signature. It is basically 2 in and 6 out which works for my Tri-amp system I am not using the UHF at all. I actually did my design with my speakers in place in my living room. I put in a 4 th order LR crossover target (750 Theoretical) and made 4 mic measurements of each of my woofers and HF units. Averaged the 4 positions for each transducer and used those 6 curves as the transducer measurements. I then applied the necessary crossover slopes and frequencies to get the acoustic measurement to match the electrical target as closely as possible. It doesn’t matter what electronic slope and frequency is used so long as the actual acoustic response is close.

Next I applied the necessary EQ to get the crossover slopes tuned in. Once done, I turned everything back on and made a Left (or Right) channel measurement using the same 4 mic positions averaged. The summing came out nearly perfect, as it should. I did the time delay by choosing one of the mic positions that gave the smoothest curve through crossover and inverting the polarity on the HF. I adjusted the delay for the deepest and most symmetrical notch at crossover. Flip the phase and all goes flat again. Finally, I applied some global EQ to the entire system to clean up any remaining room of summing issues. It is very simple to do, but it takes forever due to the multiple measurements and repetitive nature of things. My results were awesome.

The DBX Driveline 260 can do the job nicely although it is a little limited in PEQ filters. You have to be pretty efficient. I am currently looking at other High End solutions which incorporate built-in Preamp functions so I can ditch my analog preamp. Among the contenders are the Ground Sound DCN28 and the DEQX HDP-4. All are pretty pricey. The DBX is cheap at about $1000."
The equipment I will use:
Crown CTs-1200 amplifiers
JBL 4429 speakers
REW measuring software
Calibrated mic
Focusrite 2i2 sound interface
DBX 4820 dsp

Comments, help and tips are welcome down the road