Thread: Project M2 DIY Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello Ian

You didn't steal it I posted it. I don't have a problem with you building from it and suggesting changes. That's fine that is what this forum is about sharing where we can to help each other out. That and did say where you got it from.

Thank You

I did a couple of Leap simulations on changes to R2 It's easier to see what actually happens as opposed to just looking at the voltage drives. First up is the response with no notch. That is with the fixed attenuator in place.

If you change the driver attenuation that entire curve position/level above will change based on the attenuation so using a variable attenuator there is going to effect the R value in the series notch.

I went for maximally flat on the M2 horn I have a 1db step starting at about 1K. That said I set the attenuation and then tweaked the R series value.

The effect is larger bandwidth wise than it appears looking at just the voltage drives. Not that it's not there just easier to see looking the the FR simulation.

So no notch, flat at 6.8, 2 ohms and 15 ohms Hinge starts at about 6K but effects the curve all he way back to 3-4K. Has like a see/saw effect.

I didn't look at changes to the parallel notch vs attenuation level. Keep in mind you may have to tweak that as well and possibly the band pass as the notch and the band pass combined form the roll off.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information