Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Project M2 DIY Thread

I have been thinking about ordering a second pair of 2216nd for quite some time now.

Well, I guess my M2.5 project is now officially cancelled (probably a good thing)

Name:  M2.5.jpg
Views: 2502
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  M2.5 photo.JPG
Views: 4443
Size:  89.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I have been thinking about ordering a second pair of 2216nd for quite some time now.

Well, I guess my M2.5 project is now officially cancelled (probably a good thing)
    Speaker exchange is still letting you add the 2216ND's to the shopping cart and they're listed as in stock. If you can I'd snap up the pair you need.
    I saw your plan and it was exactly what I wanted to build too...but I'm not ready to do that yet. We'll see when I'm ready what the situation is.

Exact the same plan I had POS I had ordred 2 more pairs of 2216 and waveguides for a M2.5 but the ordre got cancelled because of the new policy (this was not from SpeakerExchange). SpeakerExchange might still have some thoguh..

What is strange is that even D2 is not avilable even though it's used in other speakers like VTX.

Is 2216ND used in any other speakers than M2??

This is a more refined version of my initial plan, with a larger baffle, shallower cabinet, and a two-part modular design
    Anyway, the grills are not in stock, so that seals the fate of that project (phew... )

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    is 2216nd used in any other speakers than m2??
    s4700

And of course 4367... I meant to ask if 2216 was used in any "JBL pro" speaker

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    And of course 4367... I meant to ask if 2216 was used in any "JBL pro" speaker
    The 4367 uses the -1 variant.
    The 2216nd is a consumer driver and I don't think any pro model beside the M2 uses it

I guess all good things must come to an end sometime. Hopefully the VTX Line of waveguides will still be available. Seems like the next best thing after reading some of Rob's comparisons to them, albeit still not an M2. I guess I'm more bummed on the 2216nd, it was nice to have the option if I wanted to go M2.5.

Heard this before

I have heard this rumours before though. I hope it is not true this time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    This is a more refined version of my initial plan, with a larger baffle, shallower cabinet, and a two-part modular design
    Anyway, the grills are not in stock, so that seals the fate of that project (phew... )
    Thought stuff was still in stock, but clicking shows most is a special order that likely won't get filled.

https://reconingspeakers.com/brand/jbl/

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Thought stuff was still in stock, but clicking shows most is a special order that likely won't get filled.

https://reconingspeakers.com/brand/jbl/
    I just filled in an order and came to the paying. Then the PayPal login frame came up så I guess I could have ordered 2 x 2216ND including 2 x M2 crossovers........ The price was $1500 including shipping to Linden, New Jersey But then, if I had received them is another story...............
    Flodstroem

Quote Originally Posted by Flodstroem View Post
    I just filled in an order and came to the paying. Then the PayPal login frame came up så I guess I could have ordered 2 x 2216ND including 2 x M2 crossovers........ The price was $1500 including shipping to Linden, New Jersey But then, if I had received them is another story...............
    Yeah, some of it's in stock - the grills are backorder, the 2216ND-1 are special order.

When I first went to the site, it looked like all the stuff was still listed except the CDs - then I clicked on the individual parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Yeah, some of it's in stock - the grills are backorder, the 2216ND-1 are special order.

When I first went to the site, it looked like all the stuff was still listed except the CDs - then I clicked on the individual parts.
    I could not see there was any back orders on my order, or is back orders showing up only after a payment
    Flodstroem

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    I have heard this rumours before though. I hope it is not true this time as well.
    I ordered some M2 parts from other dealer than Speaker Exchange, they are the one who said this to me. Normalt they have no problems with JBL parts but was not able to get the parts any more, and via phone JBL said they would not sell any more M2 parts without the dealer in fact had the org M2 speaker in house for service and with an valid SN...

To someone else, SE have confirmed and said the same

I still have heard it before, the same thing, on this very forum. Then some months later it was back on sale again.

Thread Information