I was able to host a small listening session for a few members of LH today, and (I think) a good time was had by all. It was nice to meet some new people with whom we have a common interest. Apologies for not putting out a general call on the forum, but my room is really only big enough to fit 4-6 people comfortably. If other members in the area are interested in visiting sometime, send me a pm and we'll work something out as our schedules permit. I invited 6 members I knew, or knew of in the area, but only 3 were available today to visit. We had a little food and drink, listened to some great music, and ran 1 interesting experiment.

My system uses a pair of UREI 813C monitors and a pair of 2245h subs in 8 cubic foot cabinets. I know there's not as much love for the UREIs as there is for the 43xx large format monitors, but to my ears this combo performs better than the 43xxs. Please don't misinterpret that statement. I'm not saying they are better, just to my ears preferred. Ugly I know, but I can live with ugly.

I'd like to thank the folks who started and maintain this forum. It's been a great resource for information, and now that I have a system up and running, I'm making friends with it's members. A special shout-out for OLDMICS is in order. His help was indispensable from helping me store (okay, hide) the UREIs from my better half for a couple years, to performing beautiful recone work on my drivers, to helping rebuild and measure the crossovers, to wading in deep to help answer questions. I sincerely appreciate all the help and advise he supplied. If you live in the Balto/DC metro area and need JBL help, you should know him.

Hope to see/meet some more of you in the future.