Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: D.C. Metro area meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Haha yes, we are much more fun to be around when we're on that happy high. Same goes for her. I'll admit that when I reflect on past relationships, I feel so fortunate that she is always laughing and smiling around me. It's been almost two years and I am still floored by that, love to see her that way. I mean, being an idiot mixed with goofball means I'm typically good for a chuckle here and there but never considered my company enjoyable to the extent she finds it to be. I also hadn't purchased anything audio related while we've been together. So when I brought those 813C's up to her I expected something along the lines of, "Hmm, those are overkill and they're really far away. How would we even get them here? What if you don't like them?" But her response blew me away and now here we are.

Glad your spouse is equally supportive. Sounds like a cool build, do you have a thread going for them?
    I haven't done much of a thread here on the Lansing site yet, but I have detailed some minutiae of the ongoing build on Audiokarma ...
    Still collecting the parts for the main cabinet build - its a new cabinet build per Dhar and Jim.

I'm no longer planning to use L200B cabinet - too hard to find cheaply - and I want the woofer higher from the floor
    https://audiokarma.org/forums/index....1006912/page-6

Whoops, I've looked and found I mader comments in KCjblSound's thread here - didn't mean to derail their thread -
    https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...ecommendations

I really need to move my posts from his thread out into a new thread ...
    Maybe Mr Widget can help move them to this new thread for me?

Okay, I just quick wrote 2 posts that give the basic idea and initial direction of this project ..
    https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...way-2022-build

FWIW, I am retired these days- but I have other tasks and projects around the house,
    so tho I may rush through parts of this like I did over the last month or so,
    other times it may sit for a while as other things occur.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Anyone in the DC Metro Area going to the Capital Audiofest? If anyone does, please look for and report back on the new Andrew Jones MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers. I think they may be pretty great.

I'll be going Sunday and will look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Anyone in the DC Metro Area going to the Capital Audiofest? If anyone does, please look for and report back on the new Andrew Jones MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers. I think they may be pretty great.
    Well, I tried to write a short review of my thoughts of these speakers, but perhaps as part of the upload problem (?) I can't seem to create paragraphs. Needless to say, nobody wants to see a page like that. So, in short, the speakers are good and certainly worth the retail price. There's a lot of technology in those speakers for the cost. Custom drivers, faceted baffle to reduce diffraction, good time alignment, high efficiency (by today's standards), easy load to drive, nice wood veneer cabinet. As we would expect, they are very coherent and image beautifully. I really couldn't judge tonal balance because the dealer installed a BAT integrated amplifier (borrowed, not theirs) for Sunday, as there were comments the room was lean and maybe a little aggressive Friday/Sat using a Hifi Rose integrated. The BAT had luxurious midrange but rubbery bass. The dealer was quite open about the change. Dhar said he heard them on Friday and was surprised how poorly they sounded. In all fairness, it was a terrible room. Quite small, almost square, and filled anytime I tried to get in even though the show was quite slow in the morning. The marketing folks did a great job stirring up interest. The bass bloom could have been exaggerated where I sat but it has been my experience to date BAT amplifiers tend to be wooly on the bottom (no flames, just my opinion). Perhaps Heather or others made it in?

If you follow Earl’s suggested settings, you will be able to create paragraphs as well as upload pictures.

It doesn’t fix everything, but it is better than the current alternative.

Widget

From Earl.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    If you follow Earl’s suggested settings, you will be able to create paragraphs as well as upload pictures.

It doesn’t fix everything, but it is better than the current alternative.

Widget
    Thanks, just found it and adjusted.

Thread Information