Name:  JBL 2360 2450.jpg
Views: 2250
Size:  67.1 KB Hi All;

I have long thought about making a thread string called 'Getting it Flat' and posting measurements with the corresponding EQ corrections for some of the common horns and drivers that I have worked with. I just never have much spare time.

I have a pile of big stuff on the patio that I plan to stack and play and finally got some of it together over the weekend but is was cold and windy so I tried something different and ran the cable form the DBX 260 in an amp rack by the speakers into the house and measured and tweaked remotely in the comfort and silence (except the music) of my living room. It was kind of like having an anechoic chamber.

Side note, the DBX 260 and 4800 (and likely the PA, 4820 and others) use only two of the conductors and the shield/ground in the RS232 cable which makes it a snap to cut the cable and install a pair of XLR connectors to it and use an extra channel in a snake or a long mic cable to run remote on a laptop.

Here is a measurement of a 2360 driven with a 2450J properly loaded with a D16R2450 at about 10 feet / 3M on axis with a 24dB Butterworth hi pass at 500Hz. The PEQ filters (four of them) are just above the graph panel. It is tough to really read and dig in without cursers but if you look at the scale carefully this horn is flat from 600Hz to past 4kHz within 1dB with a total variation of less than 6dB from 500 to about 17kHz and about 4.7dB of the slope on the top is intentional. There is in the notation a mistake where it says distance is 2M, it is 3M

I am kind of curious to know if anyone finds this kind of information useful so this is a test. Questions and comments welcome.

All the best,
Barry.