Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL 4345 build

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Cabs 95% done, only have to cut the backs, bracing and install batting. I made two mistakes. The driver above the mid is off by 3/8in from center, so is the other speaker. I think I measured wrong (no kidding) and didn't allow for the trim at least they are the same on each one. The bottom bracing is also off, not e4nough reveal in the front and I didn't notice until I set the base on it. It was already glued and screwed and I wasn't about to take it apart 2 days later, I will compensate for that with a 1in.x3/4 Walnut trim.

Nice! If you want to do a 30 degrees angle trim on front, you will need to take the base off or pre-cut the trim...
    C

Taking the base off is NOT going to happen. I am going to order a 30 degree router bit and I have figured out how to use it without any problems of tipping the router.

Taking the base off is NOT going to happen. I am going to order a 30 degree router bit and I have figured out how to use it without any problems of tipping the router.
    You could do from the front but that could be challenging. The german guy who build the 4355's like a tank had to rip all of his bases off! Hard to watch !

I could put a board on the baffle (speaker on his back) of the same thickness of your edge. I would do all around to avoid steps on corners...

Here is the demolition! LOL!

http://www.holgerbarske.com/page/5/

Not the way I am going to do it but Nice turntable!

Another day in my so called wood shop. I thought I would take a few pics. I got the interios and baffle fronts done yesterday and today. I couldn't find any into on the angle for the uprights on the grill fronts so I just too a guess and used 5 degrees, anything else looked too much of an angle. Now for some sanding, paint, veneer and install my networks that are being done by one of the members here and I will be styling. I would say next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I just got done putting all my saws and tools away sweeping, blowing and cleaning up the garage. Moved the wife's car in and was admiring my work and saw that I had forgotten to attach the piece across the middle of the front of the grills. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

I just got done putting all my saws and tools away sweeping, blowing and cleaning up the garage. Moved the wife's car in and was admiring my work and saw that I had forgotten to attach the piece across the middle of the front of the grills. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Very nice! Congrat! Getting closer!!

Todays progress. I primed and painted the backs and the fronts, install most of the batting and made the supports for the 2425J's. I'm not happy with the blue but they said they made it a to the code I gave them. Am I going to cry, Hell no, these aren't original JBL's and I am more interested in how they sound.

Todays progress. I primed and painted the backs and the fronts, install most of the batting and made the supports for the 2425J's. I'm not happy with the blue but they said they made it a to the code I gave them. Am I going to cry, Hell no, these aren't original JBL's and I am more interested in how they sound.

Do you want the code of mine? It's from Home Depot. Few were very happy!
    c

RAL 5007 is the same wherever you go it's all in their paint computers. It looks a lot better this morning in the light than it did last night!

RAL 5007 is the same wherever you go it's all in their paint computers. It looks a lot better this morning in the light than it did last night!
    Yes! You have a big difference between day and night lights!
    But in case here it is!

Today I have gotten the Walnut veneer installed, I picked up gelcoat contact cement by mistake but it turned out to be pretty nice to use, you have to remember to put 2 coats on the plywood. I used paper back veneer. I'm off to the hardwood store to get some Walnut trim.

I have the trim on, glued, brad nailed, 30 degrees. I am styling now. a little counter sinking and some Walnut fill, I bought a 50 gallon drum just in case. some sanding and the finish. some touch up on the paint where the finish router bit touched the paint and I will be done except to install the drivers & Network. Whoops, I forgot I have to spray the grills and order the grill cloth.

[QUOTE=quindecima;386290]Today I have gotten the Walnut veneer installed, I picked up gelcoat contact cement by mistake but it turned out to be pretty nice to use, you have to remember to put 2 coats on the plywood. I used paper back veneer. I'm off to the hardwood store to get some Walnut trim.[/QUOTE

Perfect!! You did the exactly the right thing!
    C

Thread Information