Thread: Klark Teknik DN360

Klark Teknik DN360

HI I picked up an old Klark Teknik DN360. I've been fiddling with Room EQ wizard and Eq'ing with the DN360, Reasonably happy with the results.

Just wondering if these old DN360s are still regarded as being any good or not?

I have one, use it regularly, and love it. I use it between a Bryston BHA-1 doing preamp duties and a 3B SST via balanced interconnects. I operate it in the 6db range. I used REW for a while. Fussed over getting a flat response, then gave up on that and learned to just use my ears to tell me what I like, and what I like sure isn't flat. I use the bottom four and top four bands to adjust for my personal preference, then fiddle with mid bands to accommodate anything I find offensive in the midrange of the speaker being used.

Especially cool is how it goes into bypass mode when powered off. You don't need a tape monitor loop to be able to disengage it. Just turn it off.

I really want their dual 15 band EQ too, but really hard to find in pristine condition.

Enjoy it.

The original DN360's did not come wired with a balanced output, you needed to install the optional output transformer. Also they are pin 3 + on the XLR connections.

Depending on the age the signal bypass relay can get intermittent.

They are good sounding graphic EQ's

Quote Originally Posted by Goldjazz View Post
    HI I picked up an old Klark Teknik DN360. I've been fiddling with Room EQ wizard and Eq'ing with the DN360, Reasonably happy with the results. Just wondering if these old DN360s are still regarded as being any good or not?
    Hello yes the DN 360 is a good equalizer! for me it is the last good Klark, I have tried the recent models of course and I have always been very disappointed, the DN 27 is the best I find, more solid, clearer, the sound is crystal clear, after finding a pair in good condition is very hard these days....

Thread Information