Thread: upgrading the C60 Sovereign S8R

upgrading the C60 Sovereign S8R

I know this has been asked before - but i'm curious.....

i just rebuilt my C22 Preamp and MC240 (stiffened up the power supplies and upgraded the rectifiers) and they really sound wonderful.

I had bases built for my Sovereigns that elevate them about 8" and tilt them up a few degrees - MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE.

Some time ago, i read about people using Bruce Edgar's horn on the 375, i've also heard of people swapping out the 375 and 075 for other models - and i can't seem to put my hand on any of that - i' recall reading and i recapped the crossovers - but other than bringing hem back in spec and bypassing the l-pad, i don't think i "upgraded" in any way

does anyone have any specific recommendations that I can do to bring these guys to a new level of fidelity? i'd be interested in swapping out the 375 and 075 if there was something better - not to mention upgrades to the horn, or lens - (what about that fancy gold lens??) etc.

I just don't want to part with them, but would like to make them as awesome as possible.

The next step would be to design and build new crossovers.

Other changes are more intrusive, in which case, you could just as well start from scratch.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil View Post
    The next step would be to design and build new crossovers.

Other changes are more intrusive, in which case, you could just as well start from scratch.
    unfortunately, i don't have the technical facility to design my own crossovers - -

i have run these bi-amped with an external crossover with excellent results - and would consider doing that again - but alas, i don't know enough about the slopes and what type of crossover i should even consider - when I last did it - it was with a DJ crossover - and the results were ok - but anytime you add electronics to a signal chain, you loose fidelity - so i was hoping not to do that.

thanks

Thread Information