Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL L100 quadrex grills foam

JBL L100 quadrex grills foam

Hello,
    I am looking for information on the dimensions of the original foams for JBL L100. Does anyone can help me? I've originals grills but foams seem some replacement.

I have the opportunity to do it yourself.

Name:  maskownica-l100_ wymiary.jpg
Views: 4232
Size:  28.5 KB

The information is here, do a search, many many threads and posts on the subject
    One member here is, or at one time, was also in the business of manufacturing exact replacements; he may still be
    There is also a competing vendor on ebay who also offers what they claim to be exact replacements and as far as I know have never received any negative reviews
    He (our fellow forum traveler) invested a great deal of sweat equity and money in creating them, maybe if you ask nicely he will be willing to short himself a sale and share with you his hard earned knowledge
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    The information is here, do a search, many many threads and posts on the subject
    I do search and I found many information but not with dimensions I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    One member here is, or at one time, was also in the business of manufacturing exact replacements; he may still be
    There is also a competing vendor on ebay who also offers what they claim to be exact replacements and as far as I know have never received any negative reviews
    He (our fellow forum traveler) invested a great deal of sweat equity and money in creating them, maybe if you ask nicely he will be willing to short himself a sale and share with you his hard earned knowledge
    Good luck
    Yes, earlier it was on ebay, but now there is no auction with foam inserts

Quote Originally Posted by durendal View Post

It sounds like you have the equipment and know-how to make them yourself and only need accurate dimensions. Is that correct? If so, I think that's great, as the ones on ebay come with frames and are very expensive. Maybe if a board member could help you out you could make up a few extra pairs and make them available here. Just a thought...

The seller still exists: http://www.ebayitem.com/281808100374
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The seller still exists: http://www.ebayitem.com/281808100374
    The OP is not asking where he can buy the foams, he's asking for help in making his own.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    The OP is not asking where he can buy the foams, he's asking for help in making his own.
    He said he couldn't find an auction for the them and I gave him a link to a completed auction from the seller. Seems like he's looking for photos and someone to talk to or give him information. I didn't misunderstand: Yes, earlier it was on ebay, but now there is no auction with foam inserts

We're all trying to help him find his answers. More power to him if he wants to make his own. Anyone with those fake-but-fun models around here have a ruler??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Well guys,

Thank you for participating in the discussion.
    Do not argue in such a beautiful day

In accordance with the maxim "If you want something done right, do it yourself". I decide to take measure my self from own materials and informations.
    I've everything on paper. Now I've to make 2d project and calculate all measure (later probably 3d model)
    It looks promising.

Give few day (or more) and I'll be back with model or even with first prototype.

Peter

Good luck with that - you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofagun View Post
    Good luck with that - you'll need it.
    Really? Everyone here knows you have the information this gentlman seeks and this is all you will offer?

You know, given the same task, some people will struggle, and others will accomplish with ease. He may need no luck at all, just some dimensions.

All the best durendal!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Like I'm going to just give another possible competitor information it's taken me years and a lot of BST to obtain?

There's a lot more to making reproductions of these than just having the dimensions!

Hi Durendal

Are you making a set of grills for yourself in order to finalize a restoration, or are you producing them commercially with the intent of selling them?

In any case, your best bet is to try finding an original foam grill and take all the precise measurements on your own. As you mentionned, you are never better served than by yourself. ;-)

Lee

Hi guys,

My topic is becoming more popular

I'm only one of many fans of jbl spekers.

I had L19 - really nice, loved them ... totally restored by my self ...
    I have L26 - great, inconspicuous ... almost finished
    L100 - I always wanted to have them, the opportunity arose and I have them ... need some time to fully restore

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Are you making a set of grills for yourself in order to finalize a restoration, or are you producing them commercially with the intent of selling them?
    I could buy them o ebay, 150 usd maybe not so much, but with shipping cost to Europe, tax and vat it's about 300 usd. It's too much I think.
    I want to make them for my self.

I did not realize that it is a secret knowledge
    Well, I used my own brain and knowledge.
    With a few photos, frame measure and jbl badge I calculated it in one evening
    Name:  project.jpg
Views: 3371
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  l100_quadrex.jpg
Views: 3484
Size:  27.1 KB

I'm not sure only about total height. Now I set it 30mm but it can be a little more. Hard to measure this using materials I got.
    I think prototype will verify this.

Thanks guys for good words and sorry for my not to good english.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    He said he couldn't find an auction for the them and I gave him a link to a completed auction from the seller. Seems like he's looking for photos and someone to talk to or give him information. I didn't misunderstand: Yes, earlier it was on ebay, but now there is no auction with foam inserts

We're all trying to help him find his answers. More power to him if he wants to make his own. Anyone with those fake-but-fun models around here have a ruler??
    I can't believe you just did that

Hi guys,

My topic is becoming more popular

I'm only one of many fans of jbl spekers.

I had L19 - really nice, loved them ... totally restored by my self ...
    I have L26 - great, inconspicuous ... almost finished
    L100 - I always wanted to have them, the opportunity arose and I have them ... need some time to fully restore

I could buy them o ebay, 150 usd maybe not so much, but with shipping cost to Europe, tax and vat it's about 300 usd. It's too much I think.
    I want to make them for my self.

I did not realize that it is a secret knowledge
    Well, I used my own brain and knowledge.
    With a few photos, frame measure and jbl badge I calculated it in one evening
    Name:  project.jpg
Views: 3371
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  l100_quadrex.jpg
Views: 3484
Size:  27.1 KB

I'm not sure only about total height. Now I set it 30mm but it can be a little more. Hard to measure this using materials I got.
    I think prototype will verify this.

Thanks guys for good words and sorry for my not to good english.
    Please do not apologize for your English, it is working perfectly well; 25% of the residents of "my" state cannot speak it at all, OR read or write in their own tongue.

I am attempting to say I appreciate your accomplishment and even more so when it is not a mandatory requisite (being multi-lingual) when others make no effort at all.

What is your trade or training if I may ask?

Nice work and beautiful speakers.

Thread Information