Thread: L100 - What's Pushing Selling Prices?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

L100 - What's Pushing Selling Prices?

Any thoughts?
    I see fewer and fewer complete pairs as of late, but lots of "cannibals" at work
    The few pairs I see "sold" (past couple of years so it doesn't appear to be a fluke or some inane bidding war outcome) are mostly mediocre at best condition wise yet are realizing monies eclipsing $600-$700 and upwards, routinely.............not counting shipping (assuming these "sales" are legitimate)

Is this some short lived nostalgia anomaly or an enduring trend? (is the well is finally running dry?)

I ask, as I have a clean pair I have thought of getting rid of (I don't use them, shame to just sit as shelf queens and could put the space they occupy to better use as well as the funds for other projects) but don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face if this is going to continue

I've just never seen such a jump in average selling prices for many models of anything, let alone the ubiquitous L100; it appears to have doubled on average pretty much and appears to be "holding"

Are the drivers in high demand for re-purposing? Just exactly what is going on here?

What say ye?
    Last edited by Wagner; 04-15-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information