Thread: DSP settings for new JBL VTX F12, help needed

DSP settings for new JBL VTX F12, help needed

Hi,

JBL has launched new speakers in the VTX series, the F12 and F15. Like M2 they are all active with Crown amps. The settings are available on the JBL website, but no exploded view so far.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...ureNov2013.pdf
    http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/t...2#.VPxQr2d0xpg

They use the new D2 / 2430k driver with the STX825 1,5" waveguide that seems to have replaced the older FT-F95HF. And for bass they use the 2262H.

I have just bought a few of those waveguides and would like to try them with 2450SL/2451Ti&Be and need help to extract the JBL DSP settings from the file JBL posted.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...00HD_VTX_F.zip
    http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...-Tech%20HD.zip

Forum member 4313B did this very elegantly for the M2 but when I load the Device file for VTX F12 in Audio Architect no data is visible and when trying to print the parameters all the settings are blank. Maybe one needs a Crown HD amp to see the parameters.

I will post measurements here as they are available for potential DYI’ers for use with any 1,5” drivers.- And reasonable priced.

Attached is a picture of the 1” and the 1,5” inch version of the horn. They look similar but the 1,5” is in a different in material and much more sturdy. I would think that it is strong enough to mount at least a neodym driver without extra support. The acctual design is also slightly diferent.

All help much appreciated.

//RoB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

Please help to list DSP settings for JBL VTX F12 iTech files

Hi,

I would very much appreciate if someone with a Crown iTech HD could download and install the JBL VTX F12 settings file and post the XO and EQ/PEQ settings in text form here.

Kind member 4313b did this for the M2's but I'm unable to do the same for the VTX's

Kind regards
    //RoB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

I think 4313b used an unlocked version of the M2 file that was available at the beginning but got quickly replaced by the locked version. It looks like JBL either changed their mind, or just realized it was not locked.
    With this file you could see all the settings in Audio Architect.
    I don't know if such an early unlocked version existed for the F12 as it is a more recent speaker...

It looks like the door is firmly closed for reasons discussed here.

I guess you will have to take your boxes outside and do free air measuring and adjustment of input PEQ and so on. In any case JBL pro tend to have higher x/o points for power handling and driver longevity. As you know the M2 crosses at 800 with a single D2 , VTX F series seem to be 1.5K.
    What is the little horn good for acoustically ?
    Anyway you know the slopes from the M2 , and how they are achieved. I doubt if the F models are much different.

Quote :

That said, it appears from the spec sheet http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachm...VTX_F12.v9.pdf that the combined driver and processing system has an aoustic crossover around 1k5, and that the HF band requires some attenuation to get closer to the sensitivity of the LF band.

If someone with the DSP unit could load the locked preset and simply measure the output of the DSP unit (or the amp...!) using something like REW or HOLM, and send me the impulse, I could probably replicate the settings pretty easily.

Thread Information