Quote Originally Posted by David Ketley View Post
Thank you for the information Ian. I realise that often someone has spent many hours and extended knowledge researching and coming to the right conclusions regarding specific audio components and crossovers and am extremely grateful for the advice.
Im on a tight budget running the 2446 with a 2" to 1.4" reducer on a 18 sound XT1464 horn crossed at 1600 hz. As the JBL 2446 seems to need correction above 8000Hz that's my crossover to the 2405 with either a capacitor or I might try a high pass and see how it sounds. Looking at the response of the 2446 I'm surprised you suggest running them up to 13000Hz? I do intend to upgrade to the Iwata 300 horn as soon as funds allow and then some Be diaphragms. I'm also looking for a simple way to try and time align the 2405, of course one can do this physically but it puts it so far back from the mouth of the horn that it creates its own problems. I'm looking to try a cheap and simple solution but am not happy about adding to the signal path, Behringer Shark DSP 110.
Hi David Ketley,

I would suggest you to use XR2064 -18sound 2inch horn if you prefer to get the most out of such driver as 2446. converting from 2inch to 1.4inch would not be the best solution. From my experience 2446 would work over 10kHz without any effort, if original not over powered diaphragm is used.

regards ivica