Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh...

Ahh, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie
    A number of ways. At the top right corner, where it says "Welcome: Scott Fitlin", there is an underlined link for "Private Messages". Just click that link. Conversely, click "Quick Links" on the menu bar above. "Private Messages" is one of the options displayed in the pop-up menu. A third option is to go to the "Forum Jump" drop down box at the botton right corner of most pages. Clicking on this will reveal a link to private messages. If this isn't enough, there are still other ways.
    I found it. Didnt even think to look there!

Well, maybe Ill change my mind a bit, and give myself a chance to get used to this new board! I mean, I remember the original forum, and these are much better compared to those, so...

I understand what Don is saying, and to tell you the truth, I have read everybodies complaints, including my own, and the fact is we at least have a forum that we can read, so I will give this a chance, and give John and Don a chance to get the kinks out.

Maron Horonzakz

Thumbs up

Don.....You spotted it... Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    ...the fact is we ... have a forum ... so I will give this a chance, and give John and Don a chance to get the kinks out.
    Bingo, Scotty!

There are subtle improvements - the pm capacity, for instance, is now 600, and there's bar scales to show where you are at. Immensely better than pm's getting blocked because you don't even realize you're at the limit.

Edit functions are now increased: <CTRL-DELETE>never used to work; now it does deleting the next word forward.

As well, when you are in a forum, you can place your mouse over a Thread, and the first post will appear - kinda cool. Maybe we can change that so that the LAST post appears, so you can decide to go there or not without wasting clicks...?

You guys should testout the "Display Mode" / Hybrid - a real space saver efficiency choice. Nice.

All these blessings...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Bingo, Scotty!

There are subtle improvements - the pm capacity, for instance, is now 600, and there's bar scales to show where you are at. Immensely better than pm's getting blocked because you don't even realize you're at the limit.

Edit functions are now increased: <CTRL-DELETE>never used to work; now it does deleting the next word forward.

As well, when you are in a forum, you can place your mouse over a Thread, and the first post will appear - kinda cool. Maybe we can change that so that the LAST post appears, so you can decide to go there or not without wasting clicks...?

You guys should testout the "Display Mode" / Hybrid - a real space saver efficiency choice. Nice.

All these blessings...
    Yep,

There are many cool benefits in the upgrade, not the least we can see where the heck we are at.

Ian

In this regard, it is worth noting the new links under "Download All PM's" at the bottom of the PM page. You can now archive your PM's to your PC before you delete them to gain space.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Thumbs down Reputation...?

Hey, Don...

What's this "Add to Reputation" noise?

What, has this become fantasy island where we can vote members off? [badword]. That is awful, and, from what I've seen can develop on this (and other Forums even more-so...), is destined for abuse, IMO. If a poser poster gets pissed, they can whack an otherwise high integrity response.

I move that option get voted off the island.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I have no idea. I turned it on just because I wanted to see what it did and how it worked. Over the next few days, I'll likely be turning on and off a number of poorly documented features just to see what they do and what impact they have.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

"I doan wanna be whacked. No, no...."

{Don scribbles on a piece of paper with a black marker, turns to the camera.....}

I'm voting Bo off of the island. He used a bad word in his last post and refuses to acknowledge that the L100 is the finest speaker ever made.

So how does this reputation rating thing work? I dinked Bo for cussing and can't find where the repercussion is hiding.

Obsolete
    I dinked Don for dinking Bo.

I dinked Mr. Widget for dinking Bo.

I expect all three of you to dink me because I'm dinkable.

I like it and will endeavor to win the Worst Rep award!

Well, that's crap! I tried to dink Don twice because of the L100 remark and it wouldn't let me!

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Hey, Don...

What, has this become fantasy island where we can vote members off? Bullshit. That is awful, and, from what I've seen can develop on this (and other Forums even more-so...), is destined for abuse, IMO. If a poser poster gets pissed, they can whack an otherwise high integrity response.

I move that option get voted off the island.
    Bo and I had a good chat on the phone today,

You guys wanna try, gotta do something about those communications skills boys.

Ian

You guys wanna try, gotta do something about those communications skills boys.
    Are you suggesting a ventrillo chat?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie
    {Don scribbles on a piece of paper with a black marker, turns to the camera.....}
    Don, I couldn't see what you wrote, but noticed you signed it "Giskard". Voter fraud!!

OK, well I dinked myself for [badword], and then liked it so much I dinked myself again. Now my eyesight seems slightly less acute. Lemme try that dink again...

Maybe we should appoint a masterdinker...?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Maron Horonzakz

Thumbs down

I see this site has slid down the slippery slope of dinkdome.

Thread Information