Hi,

it is my first post here. Hello to everybody.
I live in Poland (sorry for my horrible English), bought 4343B a few months ago and I in love with them.
A while I used them in standard mode, after that in biamping mode with external crossover. Later I've decided to make a combination between active and passive crossover. Passive only for HF/UHF and 3-way external crossover.
I've tried three of them: digital dbx480 and two analog: JBL M553 and dbx234L. Final decision to buy analog and tube crossover. Not so easy task.
I was lucky and found Audio Research EC-4. After a big upgrade it got new resistors, new caps and new 12AX7 silver plates Marconi tubes.
Next week I'm going to listen how does it sound.
Before that I started speakers reassembling. I threw out the original 3143 crossover and L-Pads from cabinet. Instead of L-pads I'll use resistors. I prepared a new terminals plate and connected them direct to the speakers.
Here you can see the pictures (starting from #777): http://hdtvpolska.com/topic/32905-mu...w-2014/page-39
I'm going to build a new external passive crossover for HF/UHF based on new coils, Duelund caps and PathAudio and Mundorf resistors.

Of course I need three amps. For lows I use JBL/UREI 6260. For mids I'm going to use Dynaco Stereo 35 after upgrade and for HF/UHF Heathkit UA-2 after upgrade. Preamp is Audio Research LS16 after big upgrade.

I'll let you know how it sounds.

Regards.

pmcomp