Thread: Are BeX4016 truextent Beryillum Diaphraphms sound better and worth the money?

Are BeX4016 truextent Beryillum Diaphraphms sound better and worth the money?

Hi looking for feedback regarding these diaphragm 's for JBL 2441 drivers. I have read a bit on the forum but looking for more feedback.they seem to be great from what I've read, positive and negative if any is welcome.

What do you have in them now?? Al or Ti?? Are you running them straight out or with a tweeter.

I don't have the Truetent diaphragm's but have used and own all three materials in various drivers. I find the difference's to be audible but subtle especially between Al and the Be. If you are using the drivers without a tweeter take a good look a the HF roll off compared to the aluminum 2441 diaphragm. I prefer the Be but there are some out there who don't like them. If you can find someone close, who has a pair, so you can listen to make up your own mind.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

hi Rob

I am doing a new project a vertical JBL system that includes 2405 2441 2212h and 1400nd drivers. i have JBL 4350 at the moment and i will buy 2441 and would like to refurb them with new diaphragms , hence the question. i am leaning towards BE but here in australia lending drivers to compare would be hard. i appreciate your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNelis View Post
    hi Rob

I am doing a new project a vertical JBL system that includes 2405 2441 2212h and 1400nd drivers. i have JBL 4350 at the moment and i will buy 2441 and would like to refurb them with new diaphragms , hence the question. i am leaning towards BE but here in australia lending drivers to compare would be hard. i appreciate your reply.

Hi JoeNelis,

in the 2405 system, do not forget Ti-SL diaphragms, as I know say 2445/46 with the mentioned SL dia. using proper horn you can get , may be good results.
    I can expect that D16R2441 AL dia would cost almost double then D8R2450SL (Ti) or D16R2451SL.
    The 2445/2446 "motor" can be easily find then fully charged 2441, not to mention that used AL diaphragm can be 'risky' business.

regrads
    ivica

Ti SL are a very nice solution, very extended and easy to EQ, but at the current retail price I'd rather go for Truextent Be diaphragms: these are simply the best you can put in 4" JBL cores IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi JoeNelis,

in the 2405 system, do not forget Ti-SL diaphragms, as I know say 2445/46 with the mentioned SL dia. using proper horn you can get , may be good results.
    I can expect that D16R2441 AL dia would cost almost double then D8R2450SL (Ti) or D16R2451SL.
    The 2445/2446 "motor" can be easily find then fully charged 2441, not to mention that used AL diaphragm can be 'risky' business.

regrads
    ivica
    thats nice advice

Thread Information