Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Turntables , Vinyl , Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    The pre is both MM and MC. I didn't think about a switch box that that is a good idea. I don't want to use the aux input because that bypasses the phono stage and the phono stage is the main reason I got this preamp.
    Understood, that is what I thought

You can fabricate a VERY nice switch box for $25 bucks or less, something with very good positive sealed switch contacts like with a DIP or Mil-spec type (check what Bourns has to offer at Mouser)

Redco Audio also has an excellent assortment of high quality jacks, cable etc, charge ACTUAL shipping, no minimum order and their prices are the best that I have found:
    http://www.redco.com/

Horse poo poo Thomas, I have 50 bucks into this switch box using numero uno parts. A little too small on the box but it will work. Just now getting started on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

O.K., I'm done with it. Used mil spec flexible shielded cable and gold plated RCA plugs. and a high end DPDT on-on switch Now I'll get a Mogami turntable cable and I will be able to use two turntables without plugging and unplugging. I don't have much room for it but I plan on setting it on top of one of my 4345's. I'll put a black poster board down and a 3/8 in. semi hard rubber pad with a 1/4 smoked glass top on that then the turntable, that should damp any vibes, (I Hope)

Thumbs down Oh my .. some dippy hipsters take on vinyl & getting started

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    How to Get Started With Vinyl Records

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-get-starte...ors_picks=true

dippy hipster=dipster ?
    I've skimmed it so far.............probably good he didn't post it here first for a trial run, and for me to take a shot at it!

Pretty good grasp of the situation though despite his cockiness (and ginormous pot holes of ignorance, (aka: youth/inexperience); at least he acknowledges (seems to know) the differences in table (a LOT of them don't)

I like what certainly appears to be the SL-1300 (original servo vesion) in the glamour shot, same table I just re-capped and tweaked for my Son, good table, with the M97xE as well

O.K., I'm done with it. Used mil spec flexible shielded cable and gold plated RCA plugs. and a high end DPDT on-on switch Now I'll get a Mogami turntable cable and I will be able to use two turntables without plugging and unplugging. I don't have much room for it but I plan on setting it on top of one of my 4345's. I'll put a black poster board down and a 3/8 in. semi hard rubber pad with a 1/4 smoked glass top on that then the turntable, that should damp any vibes, (I Hope)
    I just saw this, BEAUTIFUL!
    Where'd you buy all your parts?
    Regardless, that's $50 bucks well spent and you know what you have
    Nice

Thomas

[QUOTE=Mr. Widget;363263]My current turntable is a Micro Seiki built Luxman PD-300. It has the best suspension of any table I've ever owned. You can tap violently on the plinth and virtually no sound comes through the system. I haven't cranked the DD66000s to crazy levels, but I have never heard any type of feedback even at pretty high SPLs... from my experience suspensions matter, even if only playing at moderate levels.

Widget[/QUOTE

thats one beautiful table......you need to ship it east!

[QUOTE=Audiobeer;389954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    My current turntable is a Micro Seiki built Luxman PD-300. It has the best suspension of any table I've ever owned. You can tap violently on the plinth and virtually no sound comes through the system. I haven't cranked the DD66000s to crazy levels, but I have never heard any type of feedback even at pretty high SPLs... from my experience suspensions matter, even if only playing at moderate levels.

Widget[/QUOTE

thats one beautiful table......you need to ship it east!
    Where (which) post is this?
    Advanced search with user specified = no match?

From my phone...

Didn't notice that the icon transferred with my re-post; wasn't in "Audiobeer"'s quote.......................regardless, I also see the same photo, elsewhere, in a bunch resulting from an image search.

Third row down, fourth image in from left if this doesn't take you straight to it:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Luxm...-lcHUYD4j8M%3A

Wanted to know what arm that is, a Jelco? And are you Moonlighting as "futo"?

Not sure what you're asking, but the photo I posted was representative of the Luxman. Mine has a Lustre GST 801 arm on it.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I just saw this, BEAUTIFUL!
    Where'd you buy all your parts?
    Regardless, that's $50 bucks well spent and you know what you have
    Nice

Thomas
    Thomas,

I was going to get it at Mouser but they didn't have some of the stuff I wanted so I was picking up some wire at a local electronics store and they have a pretty good selection of components and I found them there. I could have gotten one from Redco cheaper but I knew I could do it with better parts. I should have gotten the box about 1in. larger all around but I put my glasses on and managed to get it done. I haven't checked it out yet because I haven't gotten the Mogami cable but as soon as I do AND get my networks installed in my 4345 clones I will be camping.

Not sure what you're asking, but the photo I posted was representative of the Luxman. Mine has a Lustre GST 801 arm on it.

Widget
    I was asking what that arm was (not one commonly seen on that table) as well as searching for the answer myself, ergo the inadvertent discovery that you had used a photo already out there (well, I know that now anyway/you just confirmed)

Your original post did not indicate you had used an "example" so I pressumed it was an image of the actual deck you owned

Thomas,

I was going to get it at Mouser but they didn't have some of the stuff I wanted so I was picking up some wire at a local electronics store and they have a pretty good selection of components and I found them there. I could have gotten one from Redco cheaper but I knew I could do it with better parts. I should have gotten the box about 1in. larger all around but I put my glasses on and managed to get it done. I haven't checked it out yet because I haven't gotten the Mogami cable but as soon as I do AND get my networks installed in my 4345 clones I will be camping.
    Yes, nobody ever seems to have everything you need.............Redco and Mouser are just my "go to first" places when it comes to mail order parts (and as I have mentioned the two most honest about their shipping)

For things like boxes, some switches (NON Mil-spec as a rule) 716Ps, odd value caps and tubes A.E.S. (Antique Electronic Supply) is another one I like............they are also a Hammond distributor (I noticed that's what you used) Also a fairly close to "actual cost on shipping" vendor besides being a good stuff/good service outfit

The 10 best record stores in Portland

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/inde..._portland.html

Crossroads is the only one I go to ..

Show in Canby this Sunday.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information