Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL M2 Master Reference system okay for 2 channel home audio setup? ...

I may be missing something here but I fail to see the problem in using Brand X competent DSP in conjunction with Brand X Y or Z Amps to achieve the correct solution for the M2
    4313B posted the filter data at the end of last year. I have the XTA software in my computer , it's a breeze to use and I reckon I could load up the corrections , filters , shelves in about 20 mins. From that point on your choice of amps is moot. Krell , why not , Bryston , why not , Mac , why not and so on. Oh , Toobs too.

Any of the good DSP's will accommodate the filtering required , That could be Xta , Xilica BSS , etc etc

For anyone wanting to play with the software get Audiocore 8.85 on this page

http://www.audiocore.co.uk/software-..._download.html

It's worth a shot just to get a handle on how these things work Audiocore is nice and easy to use.

M2 filter data , all you need is here http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post354289

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    I may be missing something here but I fail to see the problem in using Brand X competent DSP in conjunction with Brand X Y or Z Amps to achieve the correct solution for the M2
    4313B posted the filter data at the end of last year. I have the XTA software in my computer , it's a breeze to use and I reckon I could load up the corrections , filters , shelves in about 20 mins. From that point on your choice of amps is moot. Krell , why not , Bryston , why not , Mac , why not and so on. Oh , Toobs too.

Any of the good DSP's will accommodate the filtering required , That could be Xta , Xilica BSS , etc etc

It's worth a shot just to get a handle on how these things work Audiocore is nice and easy to use.

M2 filter data , all you need is here http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post354289
    I bet you could get really close with a DCX2496 and a couple of decent pro amps.

Mctwins
    Hallo!

There is more advantages when using Crowns, less signal cables to deal with because with the allready inbuild DSP. Four cables from pre to amp, DSP, and cables to the speakers and you are done.

The I-tech technology is

How did it go, have you had any listening?
    Last edited by Mctwins; 04-13-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: change text

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post

Im with you on this one. I cant see why it wouldnt work with either dsp and amp as long as the correct dsp settings are up n running. The stock system though is tested extensively and apparently it works fine.

Ive read several times that the M2 can be delivered with Levinson amps. What amp are those? 532, 532h, 531h, 533h? Is it up to the local dealers to decide how they want to arrange the parts or is it a compelete package from Harman?

/Mostly

Mctwins
    Here is a video from Crown....

great amp that beats all

Mctwins
    Here is another.....

Mctwins
    And, This is the best...

Im sure the crowns are great but I think most people consider them to be PA amps. If people would use the M2 in their hifi setup in their homes, I bet most of them would opt for other more hifi oriented amps.

/Mostly

Mctwins
    Eric is the man....

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostlydiy View Post
    Im sure the crowns are great but I think most people consider them to be PA amps. If people would use the M2 in their hifi setup in their homes, I bet most of them would opt for other more hifi oriented amps.

/Mostly
    Yes I understand. But, it is perfect for the M2.

Wink Crown I-tech 5000 HD

I have the M2 with the Crown Itech 5000 HD for one year now, and they are born one for the other.
    I understand today divorce is more on fashion than marriage for life, but you can only go worse.........

I have plenty of JBL monitors including the venerable 4350, the 4345, 4343 and 4333 and I have plenty of amps consumer and pro, class A class AB, class I,
    and whatever you may think of, but the advantages of having such a

SIMPLE SYSTEM as a computer with BIT PERFECT digital out, going directly into the digital IN of the CROWN I-TECH 5000 HD , biamping the M2 and avoiding cables, preamps, and worse of all, a passive crossover:

PAYS HUGE benefits.

The SOUND, CLARITY, and Effortless POWER is AWESOME !

Pictures

Just a picture of some JBLs including the M2 with the Crown Itech
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SWEET!!!

That is a great collection!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Nice!!
    Is there anything that the old monitors do better than the M2?
    I mean, 18" or double 15" woofers ought to beat a single 15"...

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Nice!!
    Is there anything that the old monitors do better than the M2?
    I mean, 18" or double 15" woofers ought to beat a single 15"...
    You're going to have to hear the 2216Nd as used in the M2 with the Crown amps...

Thread Information