Page 43 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

Hi DISCUS96

it is a funny question beacuse on one of my amps it apears Locked an in the otherone it is open

i dont now why

Now let me ask a question can you tell me if their is a way to turne the fans off

regards

Valentin

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlydiy View Post
    I bet the breakin is well under way. How about some additional impressions?

/Mostly

Very very Very satisfied Bass is rich and precise mids are killers imageing is fenomenal hi s are very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post

Now let me ask a question can you tell me if their is a way to turne the fans off

regards

Valentin
    You cant. Either one have to put them in a another room or build a isolated box with additional fans to have them more quieter. Or change your amp model to another ones!

The fans is a part of the amps design. It will not work properly if you manage to turn them off.

Valentin, when looking at your pictures of your room, there is lot of space for you to build a box for your Crowns to make them more quiter.

I have three Crown MAi 5000 powering my system and can only tell you that, to me, it is not so bothersome as one would think of the fans. Offcourse a quiter option is desirable but compare to what this system is giving me power vise and all the other features like, limiter and control via Audio Architect, I can not think of any other amp. And the best thing is that it is not killing my electrical bill

I am in progrees of isolating the additional 2U racks with computer damping material that I have for the Crowns. I am halfway done. Not much one can do with a 2U rack anyway but hoping to calm down the noice a bit.

I will continue to make a front with plexiglass with some damping material to see how it ends up.
    The last thing is to try to dampening the noice in the back were the fans are located but its not easy due to cabling and restriction in space. The biggest concern is to not block to much of the air flow for cooling. The plan is to manage to do all this without any extra fans.

I will make a own thread of this when the job is done

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Very very Very satisfied Bass is rich and precise mids are killers imageing is fenomenal hi s are very nice
    Im glad to hear that. I bet it will be even better still.

/Mostly

crown I Tech 5000 fans

No there is no way two turn off the fans, turning them off, in any case would overheat the amp and damage it.

Personally I have no problem with the noise, as I like to listen at high volumes and the fan is covered by the music very soon, but if you want to listen at low volumes the best solution is to place the amps in an acustically isolated but vented rack.

I agree on the quality of the amp mids and highs are just clean and clear without being too present
    but lows are simply the best ever listened in any amp. The control of the bass is just unbeatable, probably this is also in relation to the ample margin of power and current available and huge capacitance.

Valentin what is the system architect version you are using? and which is the firmware version of your amps? I assume that showing the M2 xover data may be related to the software version of the amps or of System architect.

could you print out or save the xover figures in system architect of the M2 please.

Quote Originally Posted by discus96 View Post
    could you print out or save the xover figures in system architect of the M2 please.
    Member 4313B posted everything there is to know page 34 of this thread.

Dear All,

as a long term JBL Studio Monitors AFICIONADO I do have quite a collection of those:

4350a
    4313b

and few others.

I'm driving them all with different amps ranging from Pure Class A monsters, to class B, Consumer amps to Pro amps.

Finally three years ago I decided to try some digital Crowns and started with the XTI.

Just lately I came to know that finally JBL sells a new Studio monitor and, incredible but true, they sell those coupled with my AMPs the I-techs 5000 HD.

well, to make a long story short, I have now a couple of M2 on order.

Now I would like to ask to Valentin who already has this system set up, if he can see the crossover curves on System Architect.

I already downloaded the M2 file from JBLPRO website and loaded it into the I-techs, but It looks like the xover curves are locked and I can't see those on the PC screen.

Thanks

Hi discus96,

All such JBL studio monitor collection is great privilege, so You can compare them and can give us your impression.

More about the M2 EQ curves, very detailed information from our forum member 4313B can be find in:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post354296

Reagdrs
    Ivica

No there is no way two turn off the fans, turning them off, in any case would overheat the amp and damage it.

Personally I have no problem with the noise, as I like to listen at high volumes and the fan is covered by the music very soon, but if you want to listen at low volumes the best solution is to place the amps in an acustically isolated but vented rack.

I agree on the quality of the amp mids and highs are just clean and clear without being too present
    but lows are simply the best ever listened in any amp. The control of the bass is just unbeatable, probably this is also in relation to the ample margin of power and current available and huge capacitance.

Valentin what is the system architect version you are using? and which is the firmware version of your amps? I assume that showing the M2 xover data may be related to the software version of the amps or of System architect.

you can see the images Here http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post348334

Obsolete
    Someone posted an article awhile back with respect to midrange balance in a loudspeaker and how it can make or break a system. All I have to say in response to that is, start with something like the -8 dB HP shelf filter used on the 2216Nd in the M2. JBL starts it around 135 Hz. I've done similar with the K2 and E2 (after removing the stock passive networks) and the results are fantastic. The bass and midrange clean right up. The bottom end, even with the "bass shy" K2, gets real serious without being overblown. The amount of cut will vary with each system as will the frequency, slope and Q, put the principle is the same.

Welcome back Giskard

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Someone posted an article awhile back with respect to midrange balance in a loudspeaker and how it can make or break a system. All I have to say in response to that is, start with something like the -8 dB HP shelf filter used on the 2216Nd in the M2. JBL starts it around 135 Hz. I've done similar with the K2 and E2 (after removing the stock passive networks) and the results are fantastic. The bass and midrange clean right up. The bottom end, even with the "bass shy" K2, gets real serious without being overblown. The amount of cut will vary with each system as will the frequency, slope and Q, put the principle is the same.
    Hi 4313B,

May be some (ideal) FR drawing would help us to better understand Yours words.

If I understand correctly, You have suggested to reduce the bass-FR section from 135Hz up to 340 Hz at slope of about -6dB/oct ( or -5dB/oct, as written in your #500 post) reaching about -8dB, "where" bass-driver directivity starts to make an influence, so the total emitted power FR become almost equal for bass and VHF/UHF driver(s), as bass DI index is very low at the low frequency.

Interestingly (for me) is that such 'operation' is not visible on "on-axis" FR in anechoic chamber

regards
    ivica

see post #639 reference

Question Crown I-Tech 5000 HD

yes gentlemen, thanks I've seen page 34 of this thread but my question is different :

why my Crown I tech 5000 Hd after loading the M2 file from jblpro website do not show me the crossover page of the M2 file, it looks like locked. The file is loaded correctly and the amp display gives me the M2 indication, but on System Architect I can not see the crossover graphic and the eq graphic is empty.

Valentin also says he can see it only on one of his amps and on the other is locked as in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi 4313B,

May be some (ideal) FR drawing would help us to better understand Yours words.

regards
    ivica
    Hi Ivica

I will try to explain what i know

There is not one ideal curve for every type of speaker this is beacuse the radiation patern of horn loaded is very difrent from the direct radieted or the electrostatic panel etc etc

Harman basicly sells two types of speakers and has done a lot of investigation in this two types of radiation paterns

Our hearing hears 3 difrent eventes direct sound first refections and reberbarant field
    and basicaly first refections and reverberant field have more influence Tonaly that the direct sound

thats way maching de radiation patern at large angles is cucial fos the sound to be neutral

hear is an example of two difrent speakers measured in anecoic chaber and a curve and then we have a in room measurment

as you can see the correct in room balnce should look like a curve between the first reflection and the sound power curve with a littel extra hi end of the direct sound

Thread Information