Thread: L100T3 Crossover Inductor DCR Values and General Inductor Advice

L100T3 Crossover Inductor DCR Values and General Inductor Advice

As the title implies, I am seeking the DCR values of the coils in a L100T3 crossover. I am looking modify the "T" crossovers I built in this thread: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...age&highlight=. I am shopping parts right now and knowing the existing DCRs would help the process along. The values of two coils will change with this upgrade, L1 and L2. Both are in series with drivers.

I would like to use air-cored coils for the build, but L1, in series with the bass driver is 3.2 mH and might be a bit large and unwieldy. Any Comments?

The midrange circuit has two coils, one (L2) in series with and one (L3) parallel to the driver. The parallel coil is iron-cored and I am unsure if replacing this coil with an air-core will make any difference. Any comments?

The high frequency portion has a single coil (L4) shunted with the HF driver. This is already an air-cored coil and I will likely leave it in place unless a compelling reason to replace it arises.

Thanks for listening, I look forward to your replies.

GordonW over at AudioKarma just posted a thread on L100T to T3 Conversion notes - might be right up your alley!

JbL L100T to L100T3 Crossover Conversion Cheat Sheet

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=479505

Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac View Post
    As the title implies, I am seeking the DCR values of the coils in a L100T3 crossover. I am looking modify the "T" crossovers I built in this thread: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...age&highlight=. I am shopping parts right now and knowing the existing DCRs would help the process along. The values of two coils will change with this upgrade, L1 and L2. Both are in series with drivers.

I would like to use air-cored coils for the build, but L1, in series with the bass driver is 3.2 mH and might be a bit large and unwieldy. Any Comments?

The midrange circuit has two coils, one (L2) in series with and one (L3) parallel to the driver. The parallel coil is iron-cored and I am unsure if replacing this coil with an air-core will make any difference. Any comments?

The high frequency portion has a single coil (L4) shunted with the HF driver. This is already an air-cored coil and I will likely leave it in place unless a compelling reason to replace it arises.

Thanks for listening, I look forward to your replies.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thanks, hjames. I read the thread, and it may be helpful to some, but he doesn't address the series resistance of the coils. I wanted to keep my speakers in service while I gathered the parts, but it appears I may have to remove the crossovers and measure my own as the specs are not readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac View Post
    Thanks, hjames. I read the thread, and it may be helpful to some,
    but he doesn't address the series resistance of the coils. I wanted to keep my speakers in service while I gathered the parts,
    but it appears I may have to remove the crossovers and measure my own as the specs are not readily available.
    'Course you could always go to AK and ask Gordon -
    I don't think he's around here much, but he seems friendly and available at AK ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thanks. I posted, but no reply yet...

Thread Information