A recent post advised me to go with Radio Shack cable ... so I did a little research (for this audience, by no means, was this slightly near a comprehensive study, just a quick look). Radio shack's 12 gage is 1.00 a foot with a discount to . 84 for a roll. I also went to Lowe's and HD. I bought 12/2 cable from HD for their two toned cable (appx 37 per foot, they matched lowe's copper color only price) ... but they also had, what the salesman said was "just the same as Monster cable". This 12/2 cable looked thicker, has much more eleborate winding and more lines per cable. This cable with much thicker insolation... was near to, or identical to RS cable. HD price was .54 per foot... a big savings.
Here is what I found:
The "monster" looking cable's thicker insolation (magnification) made the copper look 2-3 times thicker than the reg. winded 12/2. A closer look revealed that the copper was really only 10-20% thicker ... made possible by the more elaborate winding, air and more copper threads per weave.
I have a 60-75 foot run for a pair of 4425 speakers I should be receiving tomorrow. Should I go with the "monster like" cable or if I am OK with the reg 12/2? Is it close?
Thank you for reading my ramblings and your input. Thank you also for past input. It is much appreciated. You guys are great (pardon me lady audio nuts).
Don