Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 2,131 to 2,133 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    i do. Totally got scammed. Guy was in the Phx area, out of his house when I looked up the shipping address. But I was desperate. He held onto it for months with no feedback. I had to press constantly and he finally started giving BS about expensive components he’d need to fix it, then finally said he couldn’t fix it, total mess. Didn’t end well. I’ll never do that again through ebay. Problem is I couldn’t and still cannot find a shop locally to work on it. Ended up getting new amps from a forum member on both ps1400s
    Thanks for the heads up.

I would view such an Ebay based " repair service" as sketchy for many reasons but repairing a plate amp without the associated speaker enclosure isn't one of them. When was the last time anyone took their stereo speakers in when having an amplifier or receiver repaired? With VERY rare exceptions electronics such as plate amps are repaired without regard to a particular speaker acting as a load. If the amp works properly into a load resistor after replacing output devices and related components it's unlikely to not work into a speaker load.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I would caution against this for a couple reasons. 1st, shipping an amp has its own set of risks. 2nd, its my feeling that a competent repair person would ask for the entire sub, not just the plate amp. The reason for that is for testing purposes. If they have an actual sub in house for amp testing, that's fine.
    My advice is to locate a local shop that does electronics repairs. I've had some array subs repaired that way with good success. Still, they do have good feedback so if you're willing to risk the $190 plus shipping, let us know how it goes.

Hi,

one of my Synthesis Four / Performance Series 904Ti-001 4" midrange drivers is defect.
    Does someone like to sell a working unit and would ship it to Germany?

Cheers,

Andreas

Thread Information