Hi all,

I'm planning a 2-way speaker design with woofers crossed over to the horn in the 1000-1200 Hz range. I'm looking for bass extension that will give me an F3 point in the mid-30s, at least. My enclosures have a net volume of 2.9 cu. ft. before subtracting for bracing, horn, and woofer airspace. I'm looking for woofer suggestions that won't set me back more than $250 a pair.

I keep coming back to the LE14A and 2214H. Neither of them are unobtainable, neither will cost a fortune, and tuned to 30-35 Hz, they model nearly identically in BassBox Pro. For the LE14H, the box is on the small size, but it should do pretty well and have good power handling. For the 2214H, the box sizing is smack dab between the two JBL cabs that used them, the bass-shy 4425 and the L100T, which some folks seem to think is too big of a cabinet for the driver.

Do you have a preference in this situation? Are there any other likely candidates I'm ignoring?

As far as buying goes, I'm aware that both of these drivers will need a refoam, if one hasn't been done recently. When it comes to the LE14A, how likely is it that it will need remagnetized or that the spider will be sagging enough to warrant a recone?

Thanks,
Joe