Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Some photos of my 4345 clones

Quote Originally Posted by mario1o1 View Post
    What do you estimate the cost of the enclosure to be?
    I added it all up when I finished, I think it was a couple grand. That might include the crossovers. I'll have to check on my other computer, I'll let you know in a couple days.

Hi,

Excellent work on the crossovers. I am interested to purchase one if they are made available.

When I see projects such as this I feel very insecure and as if I am just wasting my time

Beautiful work, superb

If I may ask, what do you do for a living, and did you grow up in a home which included another cabinet maker?

And where did you manage to source that much nice void free plywood, here in the Bay Area?

Quote Originally Posted by mario1o1 View Post
    What do you estimate the cost of the enclosure to be?
    Around $1500, not including the crossovers or components. Lots of little things add up.

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    Hi,

Excellent work on the crossovers. I am interested to purchase one if they are made available.
    Thank you! Are you referring to the passive or the active? Either way, I have thought about selling them, but I haven't had time between work and other DIY projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    When I see projects such as this I feel very insecure and as if I am just wasting my time

Beautiful work, superb

If I may ask, what do you do for a living, and did you grow up in a home which included another cabinet maker?

And where did you manage to source that much nice void free plywood, here in the Bay Area?
    Thank you! It just requires patience, anybody is capable given the tools and free time. I learned woodworking from my father, we are both engineers. I write software for a living.

I searched high and low for furniture-grade baltic birch locally, the best I could find was BB/BB at Aura in San Jose, up to 1". I ended up special ordering B/BB from Forest Plywood in southern CA.

Amazing build and great pictures. I was looking at building a vintage cabinet and 4345 was the one I am most likely going to do. So this build is VERY helpful to me.

7 years on - NOW how do you feel about them?

I was reading some older build threads here on the Heritage site, and ran across your excellent build thread.
    So, this Friday will be 7 years on from your build - got any comments for us?
    How have the speakers held up? Have you revisited those amazing crossovers, or ...??
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I was reading some older build threads here on the Heritage site, and ran across your excellent build thread.
    So, this Friday will be 7 years on from your build - got any comments for us?
    How have the speakers held up? Have you revisited those amazing crossovers, or ...??
    I'm glad you liked the thread.

The speakers are still amazing. At some point I upgraded the 2425s to TADs, they are so smooth. I'm powering them with Brystons now, I think they sound better but are less reliable than the Crowns.

About 5 years ago I added some low-pass bump filters to the crossover, modeled on the filter from the BX63/B460. It gives a nice boost at the low end. The crossover has been very reliable, maybe I will manufacture and sell them one day but I'm enjoying my day job right now.

I have kids now, and the house is normally too noisy to listen to anything, and everyone complains if I turn the volume up. So the system is mostly just used for TV, oh well. Every now and then I get a few minutes to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by just4kinks View Post
    ...I have kids now, and the house is normally too noisy to listen to anything, and everyone complains if I turn the volume up. So the system is mostly just used for TV, oh well. Every now and then I get a few minutes to enjoy it.
    I technically do now, too. Inherited from my fiancée. Turn it on and turn it up often. That's how you make music fans outta 'em. In just under two years' time I've got her daughters singing along to and requesting the likes of Queen, Aerosmith, The Beatles, Elvis and Commander Cody. The stereo is always on, just like it was when I was a kid.

Thread Information