Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JBL 4345 refurbished

Original parts

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    You have to be in the same league to compete ..... I seriously doubt thats the case . Kenrick don't use anything but , JBL parts . I see on the French website that some parts are not original . Fair enough if they are using ,TAD , Gotto , or Ale but their not .

This French outfit are obviously passionate about what they do ,but they have a long,long way to go to be able to stand next to Kenrick sound .

good luck to them , Rich
    Sorry Sir,
    you are wrong.

REV-JBL uses always original parts , and they are proud to defend that.
    Their last 4345 are full original parts and cabinets too.
    You'r of bad faith !!
    Kenrick can get the Walnut Veneer. But it will be "WIDE GRAIN".
    That is why Kenji in Japan does not show the sides to his speakers, he sells.
    Maybe you don't know that!!
    Please be sure of your investigations before writting anything wrong.

It will be better for each other to be side by side , more than rivalry.

And i repeat again, please verify all your informations.

Thanks for "good luck"
    Antoine

Antoine, what is your relation with rev-jbl?
    Are you a customer, or are you working there?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine69 View Post
    Hi Sir

Please look at the image below and tell me if it's real or not!!
    Its actually not sir, its mademoiselle ... women can be technical too!

Anyway, that was not one of the images that I was talking about 2 days ago that was posted to your eBay store and on your eBay ads.

But since its the image you posted, lets talk about this photo.

- Real or not, it is not a good picture because the top left side of the front baffle looks all blotchy/smeary. It could just be something reflected in the finish, or it might be sloppy work in photoshop - but taking large, well lit pictures in an area without a lot of other things would help . That's what I meant about GOOD pictures. Its not a van Gogh, its a loud speaker that people will want to see clearly!

You can get good lighting with a couple of floodlights on step-ladders or tripods - it can be done cheaply -
    but you need a clear, not-busy space to take your clear pictures and if you want to make a good sale from online.

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Please look at the image below and tell me if it's real or not!!
    Real or not it doesn't matter, it's always

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    I do not like those color schemes and frankly don't understand why anyone would want to take a pair of real JBL's and refinish them that way, as I see it it will not increase their value and may in fact do the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    This French outfit are obviously passionate about what they do ,but they have a long,long way to go to be able to stand next to Kenrick sound .

REV-JBL uses always original parts
    Sorry to have some doubt about that after having seen this ebay member (francisX from rev-jbl) has purchased some aftermarket dia

In addition what about rev-jbl prices

By the way pseudo frablake from this forum could tell more about rev-jbl

Antione,

Sorry ... It said ,and I quote " some components have been changed " This is from the ebay ad for 4343 . What components ? perhaps you need to be more specific.

Wide Grain walnut ???? three kinds of commercial veneer . I have never heard of wide grain veneer .
    All the JBL's I have seen have been veneered with crown cut . I maybe wrong ,but I'd like to think I know a little bit about wood .

Rich

Kenrick can get the Walnut Veneer. But it will be "WIDE GRAIN".
    That is why Kenji in Japan does not show the sides to his speakers, he sells.
    Maybe you don't know that!!
    I suppose our member here, SAEman, could answer that, if he was so inclined!

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 1382
Size:  2.9 KB
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Wide grain veneer would usualy mean that the veneer is full width of the piece it is cut from. If you have a cabinet done in this way, there would be no visible joins in the veneer.

Allan.

I suggest hiring a talented photographer to take good shots of the refurbished speakers (that might very well be of the greatest quality). The funny pictures simply don't do them justice.

Quality pictures sell and honesty pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Wide grain veneer would usualy mean that the veneer is full width of the piece it is cut from. If you have a cabinet done in this way, there would be no visible joins in the veneer.

Allan.
    Thanks Allan,

thats what I thought ,but the terminology was new ... Crown cut as I know it. I'm pretty sure JBL would have used veneered sheet material .

http://www.tapeease.com/typesof.htm I guess this would be European terms .

Furthermore !

I know both Kenji and Rick . Should I win the lottery I would , with the utmost confidence , send them $15 k in advance for a pair of speakers without seeing any part of them ..... including the sides LOL ... really Antoine , thats a cheap shot . You cant' make your own candle burn brighter by blowing theirs out . I know how long a pair of speakers can sit waiting for the original parts ( mint condition ) before they can be sold . This is still a problem for two gentlemen sitting in the middle of the JBL spoil .

I have built from new , and refurbished a few pairs of 43 + 44 series monitors commercially . Its a very tough market . Kenji works bloody hard to market their speakers and the other one just sits in sawdust sipping single malt whiskey and planning European vacations with his much, much better half .

Seriously though, enjoy your JBL as we all do ,but put yourself up against them at your peril . I doubt they even know who you are ! The last time I saw Rick REV JBL didn't get mentioned.

Rich

Here's what Rick and Kenji have to offer. Between these two guys, and the other one whose work was pictured in this thread, I wonder which ones I should entrust.

Name:  showroom2l.jpg
Views: 2221
Size:  77.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post

Here's what Rick and Kenji have to offer. Between these two guys, and the other one whose work was pictured in this thread, I wonder which ones I should entrust.
    Trust the guy in NY (Phil did!)
    I think he's closer than either of the others!
    (saves those cra-zee shipping charges from Europe or Asia!!)

But I do so love Kenjii's showroom photos - just W O W!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post

Allan.
    Taking that a bit further I am thinking OP is suggesting the veneer is rotary cut from the log which does give very wide grain appearance and is easier to work with on large section panels. This would be in contrast to something like a quarter cut (right angles to the rings) that gives a striped grain appearance but you have to lay up several sections across large panels and blend them for a cohesive appearance.
    David F
    San Jose

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Trust the guy in NY (Phil did!)
    I think he's closer than either of the others!
    (saves those cra-zee shipping charges Europe or Asia!!)
    The "guy in NY" trusted Rick to make the cabinets in the first place . . .
    He wasn't happy about it, though I am.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information