Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New studio 5 line

New studio 5 line

just too share the new JBL Players

not much info

found some

INDIANAPOLIS — The Harman Consumer group is launching the JBL-branded Studio 5 series of in-room speakers to“re-establish JBL as a leader in this category,” a spokesperson said.

The series of five speakers and two subwoofers is priced from a suggested $689/pair for bookshelf speakers to $1,109 each for left-right floorstanding speakers and a suggested $419 for a center channel. They ship in December.

They’ll join the Studio 1 series, launched less than a year ago with a weave-design front panel and prices ranging from $199 each to $539 each.

The Studio 5 series, which is not replacing an existing series, uses technology from JBL’s highend Everest as well as the Pro audio lines.

Like other more advanced JBL residential and professional speakers, the series uses constant-directivity compression drivers in a horn to deliver “high-impact dynamics and dimensional realism,” the company noted.

The $419-each Studio 520C center channel features 1-inch high-frequency compression driver in a bi-radial horn. Dual 4-inch castframe Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) woofers are said to deliver“crisp movie dialogue and effects with dynamic realism and dimensional accuracy that closely duplicates the experience of a live performance.”

The $689/pair Studio 530 bookshelf speaker features 1-inch high-frequency compression driver in a Bi-Radial horn and a 5.25-inch cast-frame Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) woofer.

The $689-each Studio 570 floorstanding speaker combines 1-inch compression driver in a Bi-Radial horn with dual 5.25-inch cast-frame Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) woofers to deliver deeper bass response.

The $889-each Studio 580 floorstander steps up the driver complement to two 6.5-inch woofers, and the $1,109-each Studio 590 steps up the drivers to two 8-inch woofers.

The $689-each Studio 550 powered subwoofer features 10-inch transducer in a sealed box that can handle 250 watts of amplified power.

The $899 JBL Studio 560 sub, due in 2012, features 12-inch transducer in a sealed box that can handle 500 watts of amplified power

A little too pricy for me in this economy, I'll just stick with my old 90's L series for now. It would be nice to audition a set though!
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

Fugly.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Damn It!! Just days after I dropped all that coin on the Performance Series, will my timing ever improve??
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Fugly.
    I haven't heard them, but I did see them recently and thought they looked pretty nicely executed. The larger floor standers were actually very nice looking.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    Damn It!! Just days after I dropped all that coin on the Performance Series, will my timing ever improve??
    I assume you are joking... but if it makes you feel any better, I think the largest floor stander was filled with helium... it was pretty darned light, not sure what was in there.

Widget

Looks like an interesting evolution of the Array design!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I haven't heard them, but I did see them recently and thought they looked pretty nicely executed. The larger floor standers were actually very nice looking.

I assume you are joking... but if it makes you feel any better, I think the largest floor stander was filled with helium... it was pretty darned light, not sure what was in there.

Widget

I agree Sir . Large floor stander looks very good . Simple ,elegant . Form and function brilliantly balanced ... is this Ascroft's work ?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    I agree Sir . Large floor stander looks very good . Simple ,elegant . Form and function brilliantly balanced ... is this Ascroft's work ?

Rich
    Yep, nice, sleek and well handled accommodation of a vertical horn.

Good news!looks like a penguin
    46 lover

Wow. Theese looks way cool i think. I don't think the price is bad either. Migh purchase a pair just to try them.
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

I posted over on AVS the other day that the Timbers Studio 590 look a lot like an "average man's" SAM1/SAM2. While certainly not equivalent in many aspects, it is a kind of trickle down effect. They will get a listen when released here in the US.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Out.

Bear in mind those photos are not to a similar scale. The Studio 590s are proprotionally larger. As a reference, both the SAM2 and the Studio 590 have two 8" woofers.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/ima...dio-5-speakers
    Out.

Specs

From JBL's UK site:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Funny that the Jadis Eurythmie's come up in conversation now and then
    (and everyone has an opinion on their aesthetic success/failure), but I can see
    a resemblance here (that I personally sort of like)... so I guess I just brought them up
    again

Name:  1269854525.jpg
Views: 4126
Size:  22.1 KB

Thread Information