Thread: Interconnect cables and Speaker wire

ooppalla

Question Interconnect cables and Speaker wire

I have JBL L-7s and am in the process of buying L3 for rear surround and looking for an L-5 for the center. I just bought 4425s that I have wanted for 20 years. I have been using Mogami interconnects purchased from Marshall Electronics, Parallel Audio/Video interconnect cables. I need some more cables and I was thinking about the speaker wires as well. I want good quality wire and interconnects, but I don't want to spend tons. I use a Yamaha 850 surround receiver for the main controller (80/95 rms 8 Ohm/ 6 Ohm) x 3 and I also use a BBE Audio Restoration unit to keep the high end sharp for radio and some other non-digital signals. I power the L-7s with a 25 year old Mitsubishi DA-A15DC. 150/175 rms. I was going to put the 4425s in the bedroom. Will 80 rms be enough? Thank you for any and all input

You're fine.

80W will drive 4425's nicely in a bedroom. Don't crank it to the max, is all. If it goes into clipping, it could damage the drivers.

I use Hosa interconnects from the local pro-audio store. They're also available at Guitar Center, and mail order, of course. They come in various lengths for each configuration, so I can keep everything short.

Heresy, probably, but I use Radio Shack speaker wire, not the "Monster" stuff, just 12 ga., I think it is....

Thread Information