Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Acoustical Foam Egg and Multi Wave

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Perhaps, but in the meantime, he could do worse than using his fave Liquid Nails (or even a staple gun)
    to glue carpet to the wall, and take some of the bright reflections out of the plaster walls.

Plus - treating the wall won't raise the noise floor like adding
    yet another piece of low price amplified EQ/filter/whatevah to the mix would!
    Well its better than having items stuck out in front of the loudspeakers where sound is going to rebound and do strange things and sitting at strange angles sound systems aren’t perfect, thou real life is! Real life is simply untouchable.

I must have some rebounding going on with left front to centre and a bit late on right with that wooden 7 foot rack pile on the floor! You can do with make-over lots of high expensive gear and the centre looks like it has few items stuck in front. Revamp the living room I know we “all” get accustomed to our living rooms by cluttering (it up it is only natural) but I like to kick that habit because its been a bad habit or 5 years now.

JBL 4645
    Well bugger me!

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...cheep-approach!

I did start a thread way back around (2009) umm let me 1 2 LOL oh two years ago WOW I really forget about that thread!

mods can you merge the new thread with one I started a few years ago.

JBL 4645
    This looks like a nice pack for £72.45 x24 15" square tiles but what would it do for me and my room what do they do best for the room where should they be placed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Room-...#ht_2025wt_825

JBL 4645
    So this is for the ceiling. What would it do for me? Wow looks nice a thick. I like it already.

Only suitable for suspended ceiling grids. Why ceiling grids why not just glue that sucker to ceiling!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Room-...#ht_2059wt_825

JBL 4645
    The price is wow a bit steep but these are 30 inches square WOW! but for £112.35 you get x6 of these! This one is sexy looking. I like it the wave design shape. But what would it do for me?

So many items! Can you spray paint these a different colour?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Treat...#ht_2087wt_825

JBL 4645
    Acoustic Room Sound Treatment Foam 15" Wedge Tiles WOW x23 in pack! Nice price £33.60 But what would it do for me?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Room-...#ht_1993wt_825

Decision must be mine do go for the x72 egg shape foam tiles or start at lower price with these. After all I have to get the left front wall sorted first and the window sorted as well very sorted otherwise no point sticking around the room I want to look I want to hear their performance. I like them already.

Think about your skin Ashley !

this is just an example ! I have seen for about 35 quid .... more than enough to do the damping and bass traps . I will be making some diffusers that I have seen too !

If you can hold off for a while I will be doing the same in an few weeks .

I will start a thread you can follow .

Rich

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Think about your skin Ashley !

this is just an example ! I have seen for about 35 quid .... more than enough to do the damping and bass traps . I will be making some diffusers that I have seen too !

If you can hold off for a while I will be doing the same in an few weeks .

I will start a thread you can follow .

Rich
    Rich

I got eat and so my cat! I have limited budget now to spend and I’ll purse on the tiles for a couple of weeks and leave what I have in the bank.

As matter of fact the skin isn’t too bad at the moment my hands have cleared up a bit my arms as well legs mildly side of my body no trace what so ever, but that only means its asleep at the moment and can flare up at any moment!

The tinnitus in my ears is clear today since early hours of this morning where I had for 3 days running and felt incredible depressed. But that to can start up when it wants to please give me a break for week!

I still want to get foam tiles I should have enough on couple weeks I would have strained the budget if I had gone for it today.

I also had look around Dorset Reclaim for carpet tiles none what so ever. They had some rugs but I don’t want it on the wall, I nailed carpet to walls at one digs many years ago and that looked really dodgy.

They had some drapes but too short and not enough of the same design and they where too thin.

As long as the sound pans and effects and music moves smoothly along the left right for stereo or LCR and S for films I’m not sweating.

I’d like to see what you have got in mind and are doing at rock bottom low prices that would be equivalent to buy cat food from ASDA?

I know timber can be cheap depending on the supplier the fibreglass or rockwool isn’t costly and finding a nice fabric to fabricate the final finish can also be cheap.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you can do a bass-trap for £20.00 or under.

Name:  2797593392_4d089b5536_o.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  26.3 KB

JBL 4645
    Incidentally I have to do the window first did I already mention? I haven’t slept well since day before last I haven’t been asleep in over a day.

The window needs to be blocked up with a few layers of MDF to reduce the sound of the busses the engine humming sound registers within between 30Hz and 40Hz on the RTA so I need to get the window sorted! I have an idea of putting cheap LED lights behind the MDF with net curtains so no one would guess or even look twice!

Then I can stick tiles on walls!

The SPL db level of the buss doesn’t pick up much on the SPL db metre I guess its below 50dbc but still audible and if the MDF works as I know what it sounds like without looking at RTA and SPL db if it works I shouldn’t hear it that much it might be so faint because if I can’t hear it when I put my ear against the wall, well the MDF should make it dense enough!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaulive View Post
    Name:  2797593392_4d089b5536_o.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  26.3 KB
    PISS OFF YOU WANKER!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    PISS OFF YOU WANKER!
    Oh c'mon, you can't be posting in a forum blog-style without attracting negative attention. If you want to blog, get a blog!

But I do wish you luck with the acoustic treatment, you can certainly improve things quite a bit. Your understanding re: first reflection sounds correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    PISS OFF YOU WANKER!
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    That's danged funny, but probably not politically correct.

But still ... danged funny!
    yes, he's now legendary .... people in other forums discuss him.... the edge is getting nearer...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    Oh c'mon, you can't be posting in a forum blog-style without attracting negative attention. If you want to blog, get a blog!

But I do wish you luck with the acoustic treatment, you can certainly improve things quite a bit. Your understanding re: first reflection sounds correct.
    You, you’re okay! Sooty my cat approves of you with 5 paws! Now then!

I gathered as much. I read an article in THX sound treatment in the home that’s in a folder. I read it over and over. One thing I don’t have mirror! So I’d have to buy a small mirror lightweight and every few feet along the wall I’d stick some blutack on the back so it sticks it firmly against the wall until I see the reflection of the loudspeaker in the mirror.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    yes, he's now legendary .... people in other forums discuss him.... the edge is getting nearer...
    Get lost Tom.

Thread Information