Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend on your SPL db metre?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Listen to the ones above. Not everything is cheap. Price is a reflection of quality. Why do you think that a 52" flat screen is from -£ to +£ at the same size?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I had a feeling you’d say that.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Listen to the ones above. Not everything is cheap. Price is a reflection of quality. Why do you think that a 52" flat screen is from -£ to +£ at the same size?
    Why do some KW amps cost £££thousands when it may only cost ££hundreds!

Why do some KW amps cost £££thousands when it may only cost ££hundreds!
    I dunno - lets try some guesses!

Because some folks have tintitus and don't hear the difference on their speakers?

Because some folks have more money and buy pricier stuff to show their station in life?

Because some folks limit their audio budget and put a higher value on other things in their life?

Got any other theories, pilgrim?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I dunno - lets try some guesses!

Because some folks have tintitus and don't hear the difference on their speakers?

Because some folks have more money and buy pricier stuff to show their station in life?

Because some folks limit their audio budget and put a higher value on other things in their life?

Got any other theories, pilgrim?
    Let’s say if Bill Gates gave me £10billion I’d give it to you to flash around because it means nothing to me. I have my plastic JBL and my cat and that’s all I want. I might keep £1million You'll be some£9.9billion better off. But would you know what to do with it? That's more money than 10 life times than you'll ever see. Remember money never buys happiness in life.

Let’s say if Bill Gates gave me £10billion I’d give it to you to flash around because it means nothing to me. I have my plastic JBL and my cat and that’s all I want. I might keep £1million You'll be some£9.9billion better off. But would you know what to do with it? That's more money than 10 life times than you'll ever see.
    What are you - some school child talking parables?

You're the one who naively asked - Why do some amps cost more than others??

10 Billion?? - That's more money than anyone here will probably see - in fact, its pure SWAG hyperbole - useless when it comes to having a real conversation with anyone.

Remember money never buys happiness in life.
    Please come back to earth and talk real-world talk, and not some Beatles song schtick
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    Remember money never buys happiness in life.
    What are you - some school child talking parables?

You're the one who naively asked - Why do some amps cost more than others??

10 Billion?? - That's more money than anyone here will probably see - in fact, its pure SWAG hyperbole - useless when it comes to having a real conversation with anyone.

Please come back to earth and talk real-world talk, and not some Beatles song schtick[/QUOTE]

Nah, I prefer up there I’m from outer space then again it doesn’t “matter” to you…

...Why don’t you tend to the flowers in the garden take some pictures and pop over to off-topic its been a while since we’ve seen your garden.

Let’s say if Bill Gates gave me £10billion I’d give it to you to flash around because it means nothing to me. I have my plastic JBL and my cat and that’s all I want. I might keep £1million You'll be some£9.9billion better off. But would you know what to do with it? That's more money than 10 life times than you'll ever see. Remember money never buys happiness in life.

Well..., you see there's the problem right there. Your calculator doesn't seem to work any better than your noise meter. (Maybe they're made by the same company.) Perhaps you should invest in an hp calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Perhaps you should invest in an hp calculator.

I thought we were discussing batteries??

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
    I thought we were discussing batteries??
    You’d think after spending a lot of money on an SPL db metre , you’d think the least they can do is supply your first free battery.

Yet they give you, your first free batteries with a remote that comes with TV or DVD player.

The rest! *Batteries Not Included

What I need is one of these little people They're the fix-its. They like to fix things. They have that knack.

It's like entering an alternative universe following these threads, they're like some Dali-esque avant-garde performance piece.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    It's like entering an alternative universe following these threads, they're like some Dali-esque avant-garde performance piece.
    I tend to think its like entering a room with a loud child ...
    who doesn't quite follow the conversation but has to shout his way into every one of them nonetheless!
    Oh, and slaps stupid pictures over the walls in the meantime ...

Pub-o-clock anyone?

JBL 4645
    Why are you an evil Spock then?

JBL 4645
    who doesn't quite follow the conversation but has to shout his way into every one of them nonetheless!

Pub-o-clock anyone?
    Here’s a Sooty with pancake on his head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pub-o-clock anyone?
    Here’s a Sooty with pancake on his head.

yup, gotta stop and watch the train wreck ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information