Thread: PLEASE HELP with JBL S2M Synthesis

PLEASE HELP with JBL S2M Synthesis

Hi, this is my first post here or anywhere really. I recently purchased 2 JBL S2M Speakers, these models are design to be switched between Music and Movie modes but it requires some sort of trigger to achieve this. The input on the back of the speaker is a 5-pin DIN input connector.

I know the speakers need the assigned JBL Synthesis processor to do the switching but I believe I read somewhere it can also use some sort of 5volt or 12volt trigger. But I´m in complete lost as to what exactly I´m supposed to be looking for.

ANY information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Looking at the tech sheet, it appears that you switch by applying 5 volts to across pins 1 and 5 of the din connector.
    Link to tech sheet:
    http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te...S%202%20ts.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Looking at the tech sheet, it appears that you switch by applying 5 volts to across pins 1 and 5 of the din connector.
    Link to tech sheet:
    http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te...S%202%20ts.pdf

Hi, thank you. Forgive me for being ignorant when it comes to all this but how would I apply 5 volts with a din connector? i never heard of such standalone device.

For someone who's hobby or work is in electronics it's straightforward, a few minutes of parts ordering and a few minutes of soldering. I'd probably order a wall wart type power supply rated at 5VDC from eBay or from the local electronics surplus shop, along with a mating connetor for the connector in the speaker. A good radio Shack location might have the parts. Put the two together with some wire and the speaker will switch when it's plugged in. If you can't do this, just listen to them as is. It looks like they stay in music mode unless you switch them. They probably sound great as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by don c View Post
    for someone who's hobby or work is in electronics it's straightforward, a few minutes of parts ordering and a few minutes of soldering. I'd probably order a wall wart type power supply rated at 5vdc from ebay or from the local electronics surplus shop, along with a mating connetor for the connector in the speaker. A good radio shack location might have the parts. Put the two together with some wire and the speaker will switch when it's plugged in. If you can't do this, just listen to them as is. It looks like they stay in music mode unless you switch them. They probably sound great as they are.

yessssssssssssss i got it working!!!!! Did exactly what you said a bam! Speakers are rocking! Thank you very much, wow really thanks a million to the tenth

I need to do the same thing for mine. Can you share the specifics so I don't need to recreate the wheel?

Thanks!

Thread Information