Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL Earthquakes

JBL Earthquakes

My JBL collection has just come off unscathed from a 7.3 magnitude earthquake. It trashed quite a lot of the city where I live but the JBL's survive to fight another day!!!

Allan.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    My JBL collection has just come off unscathed from a 7.3 magnitude earthquake. It trashed quite a lot of the city where I live but the JBL's survive to fight another day!!!

Allan.
    Wow Al you seem like a cold guy. "The JBL survived" I’m just kidding. I read the news about it, and seems like only damage to properties with minor injures, in 7.3.

What of the home have checked it over and over and over and I mean over and over for any hairline structural damage because the next one might not be so intense and might be enough to bring the house down.

I don’t know what to make of earthquakes whether to respect it or treat it as vile piece of scum that ruins everybody’s day?

Would you say you’re JBL system can do justice to Earthquake 1974 that’s the question? Would you say placing tactic tiles sub transducers under the flooring in multiples as one large set for LFE.1 while another set is for LCRS so the room physically vibrates at safe mild level, just enough to notice it and scare the wits out of friends while subs produce other tones.

So you listen or feel with you hands how it feels with the subs then switch the subs off and note! The tactic subs transducers that’s how I’d approach it, rather than turning it to the point ware the amps catches on fire, because you might as well be watching The Towering Inferno.

Anyway sure glad you made it out unscathed, by one of natures worst sub bass bitches!

glad to hear you an your toys made it through. It is strange how some news show some of the damage as minor and some same major, it appears more major but happily no loss of life.

Tell us your experience if you have time

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Well I sure as hell hope you learned you lesson! Now do your countrymen a favor and never turn it up that loud again!
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Well what can I say!

Cant say that I have ever heard sub bass like that before. The sound was amazing. Very very loud and very earth moving. My house it totaly over engineered and it just stood there and laughed. The main shake went for close to a minute. It would have been very cool to see what is was doing during daylight hours though. There is a forrest to the west of me that has a 3 metre offset in it. It was a good experience I must say although I am not quite sure if I would want to do it again. At least I can say that I have had the experience. The clean up is going to be quite lengthy though and will probably top $10 billion!!! Nice way to boost the local economy.

JBL 4645

Al
    So let me picture this them. You was standing while everything swayed shacked rattled and rolled while laughing you’re ass off. LOL

I guess you have the best in home sub bass shaker around.

I always thought that politic licence was used in Earthquake the loudness was there for effect, I thought it was just something that could only be felt not heard.

Again?!?

Turn it down will ya!
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Just had a very close 5.0 today. The JBL's stand defiant!

JBL 4645
    Just had a very close 5.0 today. The JBL's stand defiant!
    5.0 seems mild?

Thou some buildings may look perfectly sound; I guess a mild one can still bring them down.

Al

Next time one rumbles get the SPL db metre set to Cweighting and tells us what the SPL db reading is.

I’m interested to knowing what SPL is when a Earthquake rumbles!

I have Earthquake (1974) playing now. I can play chapter 8 all day long, I never get tired of listening to it!

In the immortal words of Charlton Heston
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    Al

Get a load of these Richter scale recoding readings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

List of Earthquakes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_earthquakes

Looking at the list and thinking, how did they record the earthquake reading in late 16th century??

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/drums/mqz-drum.html

This is the link for our local measuring site. Preetty quiet today.

Allan.

JBL 4645
    http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/drums/mqz-drum.html

This is the link for our local measuring site. Preetty quiet today.

Allan.
    So like it says refresh the page and the graphs will be different is that correct?

It reads tomorrow because you’re ahead in time and space of this know universe. was a bit confused at first when I looked at my clock.

So am I reading this right? The time is listed vertically on the left of the page and the calendar of 30 days is listed along the bottom of the graph. Or is it frequency Hz because the numbers 0 though to 30 look as if there low frequency Hz?

JBL 4645
    I’ve just refreshed the page now the graph looks like this.

And all the other regions that monitor

WCZ
    TOZ
    URZ
    HIZ
    KNZ
    MRZ
    WEL
    DSZ
    KHZ (I like this one KHz)
    RPZ
    You’re in the (MQZ)
    WKZ
    ODZ
    WHZ

I think I’m getting the hand of this, scientology, I mean Seismograph.

Hi Ash,

Along the bottom of the chart is in minutes and up the left side is in hours. Starting at 0, bottom right, time tracks to the left for 30 minutes and then goes back to the right side and starts again continuing to the top to cover 24 hours.

Allan.

JBL 4645
    Al
    Gotcha!

Thread Information