Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for my son

Charley Rummel

Please pray for my son

Last Saturday night we had a bar-b-queing accident in which my 7-year-old son's, sweatshirt ("hoodie", as they are known) caught fire, resulting in second and third degree burns over his right arm, upper back, and right rear-end. His sweatshirt was made of an acrylic material that flamed rapidly and melted, and stuck like napalm to his skin (The whole incident happenned whin a minute).

My wife got second degree burns on her hands, and I got second and third degree burns on my arms when we struggled to tare his burning clothes off (we rolled him around on the ground and that really didn't do anything).

Please pray for our son, not only for his physical injuries, but for his psycological well being too. He's showing increasing signs of post traumatic stress disorder.

Kind regards from the Rummel family

Charley

My sincerest hopes and prayers for your son, family and yourself. I won't pretend to be able to imagine the anguish and trauma your family is experiencing. I just wish you all the best towards a full recovery.

Don

RIP 2009
    You're all definitely in my thoughts. I've been in another conversation, (different subject), on the flamability of the cloths they use for almost everything these days - whatever happened to good old natural fibers? Sure, they burn, but don't seem to have those instant flash points and other problems, (melting, etc.), of so many of today's synthetics.

'Hope you all make it through OK.

John

My wife and I will keep you and your family in our heart. What is the boy's name?

David

I am so sorry to hear about this terrible accident. We certainly will pray for all of you. Is there an email address we can send get well cards too?? Maybe that will help cheer him up a bit.

Rob

Unhappy

Charley...

That is a terrible happening. Truly awful. I've read and re-read your post, and the scene is terrible. Luckily you and your wife were close-by, and willing to take a stand - without your sacrifice, the lad would be much worse off. Wow.

Speedy recovery, man.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Alex Lancaster

Thumbs up

Charlie:

A few Ave Mariasī on the way.

Alex.

Charley Rummel
    Hi, Everyone:

Thank you all so very, very much. Our boy's name is D.J., which is short for Donald Jonathan. We're a little shy about putting our email address out on the net, but private messaging through the forum is OK.

Very kind regards,
    Charley

Wow your post made me take a deep breath and open my eyes wide to keep them from tearing. There is no love greater than the love of a parent for their child. I know I would lay down my life for my mine without a second thought. We try so hard to minimize the pain in their lives, but stuff happens and it almost hurts us as much, seeing our children in pain. In such a traumatic experience, just be the caring parents you are, give him all the support and love you have and let the doctors take care of the body. You guys take care of his heart and soul. He will need lots of encouragement, support and love. There will be tough days ahead but as my Grandmother always told us, "and this too shall pass."

You and yours are in our prayers.

My prayers

I will say prayers for D.J. and you and your family. I am truly sorry to hear about this,and hope for the best for your son, you, and your family.

God Bless.

dancing-dave
    My love goes out to you and your family. I know that your son will recover from this and do very well for himself.

Peace, David

Originally posted by Wardsweb
    There will be tough days ahead ...

The first days are the hardest days, don't you worry anymore...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

jtgyn
    G'Day Charley,
    Very sorry to hear of this accident. I wish you all speedy recovery.

Regards Scott

IDF
    Charley

My prayers are with your son and family. I wish you all a total recovery.

Kind regards,
    Phil

toque-eh!
    omigod charley, please have hope and find strength. what a terrible thing to have happen.

Thread Information