Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
Loyed Smith was quite the gentilman,, he used to snack on a stick of butter with a touch of honey... His audio setup was always the grandest,,Lp records in shelves stacked to the ceiling,,,Yes those Marantz Mod 9,s looked great I dont know if you knew John Marshall flew Jet fighters,,He also had quite a history,Loved his restraunt under the Audio store,That special beef sandwich and the cleopatra ice cream for dessert,, With the McIntosh audio system & JBL,s in the background ,, Judge Cahill used to hang out there,,The last time I was in the new Thomas Eagleton Federal building,, There was Cahill,s portrate on the wall,,He also had a great audio system,, OOOOOhh those were the days..
I knew John Marshall quite well . He had excellent resturants. Judge Cahill , used Klipschorns as his main speaker system.
Lloyd Smith and my wife were also friends. . I met
Lloyd in 1958 while shopping in Aeolian. Lloyd was sort of a mentor.

I had purchased Stephens for my first speaker system at Aeolian. Stephens were excellent speakers. At that time audiophiles were making the change from mono to stereo. Stereo records than were not very good. I bought only a few stereo records , mostly mono records,
which are now very valuable. Example Miles Davis " Kind of Blue " in mono.
That Lp in mono now sells for several hundred dollars. stereo much less.

Times were different, component Audio was new, Eisenhower was President. An ice cream cone was still a nickle and a coke a dime.
And men really respected women , oh yes and Hollywood had a " code of
decency " A male actor when he got in bed with a women had to keep one foot on the floor. Living together without marriage was unacceptable.
Those were the days !