Page 6 of 721 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

What are you LISTENING to?!!

VAN MORRISON (because of his great recordings)sterio is not a right its a privledge!!

ERIC JOHSTON (see above + he is a guitar soloist)

jo satriani (just a big sound)

metalica (of course) just the pop type stuff 4 me

claypool (he rockz)

any type of ska (luv the hornz)

people name some stuff that u like
    i will listen to nearlly any tpye of music exept rap doesnt deserve to be played on my system
    and bieng an aussie i dont get to hear alot of your bands
    i just heard kaki king but cant switch the speakers on till tommorow (too late now)
    but i will add her to my list tomorrow

morbo!

Quote Originally Posted by morbo!
    i want some new bands to listen to
    Hi morbo.

Can I suggest Mighty Sam MacClain, the album "Joy and Pain", most of the Frank Zappa albums, Frankie Goes To Holywood, Tangerine Dreams, ... The list can be long. All these albums sound very good on JBL's. Also just if you want to try, there is a Norwegian Artist, "Kari Bremmnes" all albums, but "Svarta Bjørn" is my favoritt. Her Albums is EXTREEMLY ultra Hi-Fi.

Ofcource ... It depends on what you like...

Regards

Rolf

Here is one for you to try, his name is Jim Weider:

http://db.etree.org/bs_d.php?artist_key=8051

Some of his shows are available for download. I have seen him 3 times over the last couple of years.

Yank

thanks guys
    i will look into all you have suggested
    bieng a backward islander (as a yankee clan member used to call me)who doesnt listen to radio or watch much tv
    i miss alot of artists out there but am not so much into main stream anyways

any of you guys ever seen bela flek that guy is awsome it`s shit living on the wrong side of the world

aussie

morbo!

especially you big yank i just clicked on that link and browse the 1st thing i seen was the flek man (so many bands)

awsome
    im comming over sooo much live music
    bruce hornsby and flek i would luv to see live

soon to be x aussie (lol)
    thanks a heap 4 that link

damb the more i look on that web site the more jelous i am

Here is a thread you should check out.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...hlight=playing

Widget

Hi Morbo. You like ska but you don't like rap?? Bet you'd like the rap I'm listening to this minute. It's Control Machete's album, Artilleria Pesada. Great latin rap with lots of luscious background. I don't understand Spanish, but don't need to to enjoy it, it's a great sound.

Quote Originally Posted by cantelow
    Hi Morbo. You like ska but you don't like rap?? Bet you'd like the rap I'm listening to this minute. It's Control Machete's album, Artilleria Pesada. Great latin rap with lots of luscious background. I don't understand Spanish, but don't need to to enjoy it, it's a great sound.

man im listen to this now
    and it is funny i can picture them walking around the stage talking about how large their package is and how they gonna hold it
    5 moronz and a turntable

p.s if any1 can translate this song and tell me how right i am i would gratefull

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express Preferably remastered version
    Genisis Foxtrot
    Gabor Szabo Macho or Femme Fatale

paragon

Only when i sleep

The Corrs !
    She`s walking through the clouds !!
    Sad and beautifull music !!
    Did you hear them with your JBL`s ?
    Lousiana bride ! You`ll be my bride . Cold rain on my face . Did you hear it ??

Eckhard

Obsolete
    I'm always up for listening to
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nightbrace
    Best diagnosing tool is the Stereophile test CD. Vinyl, unless PERFECT, can never sound as good as even a regular CD played on a player with a great D/A convertor. But as the Walgreens commercial says, we don't live anywhere near perfect. DAT tapes are neat, and were actually very good, but not as easy to work with.

If you've never heard a modded player with 24-bit/192KHZ DAC's you'll wonder why anyone bothers with LPs. A stand-alone player, like the NAD 5060 I use currently with the $9, yeah thats right, $9 Benchmark DAC-1.3's, to me is more than acceptable and has outperformed the few SACD players I have tried using normal 16-bit 44.1 KHz CD's on the NAD vs. the same recording on an SACD.
    The way I fashion speakers (and complete systems) to sound good in a particular room, (as every room is entirely different), is I start off with the least detailed set-up and slowly work my way up. This is a very generalized approach, but for now, for me at least, it seems to get things done fairly well. I get the best speakers I can afford, and tweek things slowly (via the crossover, L-pads, pre-amp adjustments, till they sound the most detailed without being over bearing at around 95 Db.) This is a veryfine line, and once dialed in, its hard to explain, but they just sound "right".

However, bass response can sometimes be a problem when using this method. Thats why once I get them right, as far as detail, I usually recommend using a quality subwoofer like an HSU or Velodyne if you are unhappy with the bass performance. I sometimes, in very LIVE rooms, need to even get very warm sounding speakers like Advents or KLH's as you guys probably know, JBL's are very difficult to set-up in a live room for critical listening. Home Theater to me is nearly impossible to get right unless the room itself it properly dimensioned and conditioned, but with 2-channel nearly any room can sound good with a little patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I'm always up for listening to
    ..I don't get it. (??) I need punchlines like falling bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by hapy._.face
    ..I don't get it. (??) I need punchlines like falling bricks.
    Checkfield : Through the Lens

Smile CD-VERSUS -SACD

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace
    Best diagnosing tool is the Stereophile test CD. Vinyl, unless PERFECT, can never sound as good as even a regular CD played on a player with a great D/A convertor. But as the Walgreens commercial says, we don't live anywhere near perfect. DAT tapes are neat, and were actually very good, but not as easy to work with.

If you've never heard a modded player with 24-bit/192KHZ DAC's you'll wonder why anyone bothers with LPs. A stand-alone player, like the NAD 5060 I use currently with the $9, yeah thats right, $9 Benchmark DAC-1.3's, to me is more than acceptable and has outperformed the few SACD players I have tried using normal 16-bit 44.1 KHz CD's on the NAD vs. the same recording on an SACD.
    The way I fashion speakers (and complete systems) to sound good in a particular room, (as every room is entirely different), is I start off with the least detailed set-up and slowly work my way up. This is a very generalized approach, but for now, for me at least, it seems to get things done fairly well. I get the best speakers I can afford, and tweek things slowly (via the crossover, L-pads, pre-amp adjustments, till they sound the most detailed without being over bearing at around 95 Db.) This is a veryfine line, and once dialed in, its hard to explain, but they just sound "right".

However, bass response can sometimes be a problem when using this method. Thats why once I get them right, as far as detail, I usually recommend using a quality subwoofer like an HSU or Velodyne if you are unhappy with the bass performance. I sometimes, in very LIVE rooms, need to even get very warm sounding speakers like Advents or KLH's as as you guys probably know, JBL is tough to set-up in a live room for critical listening. Home Theater to me is nearly impossible to get right unless the room itself it properly dimensioned and conditioned, but with 2-channel nearly any room can sound good with a little patience.
    WOW thats twice ive seen you say that a cd sounds better than a sacd. There is no way that a cd with the same recording that is on a sacd sounds better. I think that your nad player sounds very good, im sure that if you played the same cd on your nad and a cheap sacd player that the nad would win hands down. But we are talking about a far superior technology with the sacd versus cd. Similar to the same album on cassette versus cd, the cd sounds better every time. the max information you cas store on a cd is around 740 mb the same single layer sacd is 4.7 gb. The cd is being sampled at 44.1 khz. the sacd at 2.8224 mhz 64 times faster!!! The cutoff is around 22khz for cd. sacd is 110khz. the dynamic range for cd is 96 db. the dynamic range for sacd is 120db. I own A cheap pioneer combi player. I own the exact stevie ray vaughn cd and sacd albums. the sacd album wins hands down. IM not trying to pick a fight with you, But in my humble opinion there is no way that a cd of the same recording is ever going to sound better than the same sacd, no matter how nice the cd player is. REGARDS JIM

Thread Information