Page 716 of 721 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Thin Lizzy, Same, 1971, Decca EU, 0801 726, RI 2014, 180gr Vinyl

Eric Bell, Brian Downey, Phil Lynott. With a little bit of flower power atmosphere and progressive touch. Listen to A2 "Honesty is no excuse" with thick layers of mellow tone of mellotron. A nice one. And we ask us doubtfully: will there be any artistic future for a group like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Ernestine Anderson, Never Make Your Move Too Soon, 1981, Concord USA, CJ 147

One for a placid autumn Sunday evening. Monty Alexander p, Ray Brown b, Frank Gant dr. Recorded at Coast Recorders San Francisco.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Bruce, Baker & Moore, BBM, Around The Next Dream, 2021, Virgin EU, MOVLP2871, 2LP

When this one came out in 2003 i purchased the CD immediately. But there wasn't any thrill in it for me somehow. I didn't care about it till i put this 2021 audiophile vinyl reissue on the turntable. Is it the haptic? Is it the sound? Or is it me?
    Jack Bruce: one of the most seminal composers, bass players and memorable voices IMHO.
    Listen to "Glory Days" B2 and go back to those glory days at the end of the sixties.

Same here. I bought the CD for it's opener, Around the Next Dream, which I still like. But the rest?

Anyway, I wish those three guys some good jamming wherever they are.

Best regards!

Jerry Lee Lewis, Back Home To Memphis, 1973, Mercury USA, SRM-1-690

RIP

Nazareth, Same, 1971, Philips Germany, 6369 008

Dan McCafferty RIP. Listen to A4 "I had a dream". This is the funeral song by Pete Agnew for Dan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EjyrmpUptU Harmonium played by Dave Stewart. "I heard the lesson read, I heard the choir I saw the falling leaves, landing everywhere I saw the family gathered, crying in despair I was not there, I was not there" (Pete Agnew, 1971)

A cover repair

Thanks to rainy weather i made a cover repair today. There were several defects:
    Brown cola stains on front picture: i had to stick on a new face, because it was irreparable destroyed (If Ian Hunter only knew...)
    The fold cover was stuck together: separate it with a scalpel, stick some nice black&white fotos on the defects (an overnight angel?)
    Backside was nearly irreparable: retouching of the images of the musicians, stick on a black frame around the images with some information. Apply an adhesive film (no further mishandling possible!)

Magna Carta, Seasons, 1970, Vertigo France, 9102 034

This is a beautiful Christmas song for those who hate mainstream Christmas songs: A2 Winter Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGp-w0GRJk
    Merry Christmas to everybody who visits this superb Forum. Best wishes for good health in 2023! Alles Gute! Fritz The Cat

Dear Fritz,

I love this album also! Sadly, I only own it on CD, since the LP is out of print since a long time. The Seasons suite is an excellent, suberb piece of popular music! I bet you also know or even possess the Lord of the Ages album?

Happy christmas and a merry new year to everybody here!

Magna Carta, Lord Of The Ages, 1973, Vertigo England, 6360 093 DE LUXE

The sleeve was torn and shabby. I had to restore it last week. It was worth it, because of the fantastic cover art by icon painter Roger Dean. This album is a lucky number. Look (!!!) here: https://www.rogerdean.com/
    Look here for an interesting interview with Chris Simpson in 2011: https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2...ith-chris.html

Anybody knows: who is the person with the glasses on front cover art? Is it Tony Cox the producer?

Buddy Merrill, The Guitar Sounds, 1965, Vogue Germany, LDVS 17086

From the times when a guitar revealed great sounds without using computers, synthesizers and effect equipment: pure and clear. Listen to A1 "The Worm". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIObbbWMJWs
    Another nearly desperate sleeve repair. It was torn and frayed. Some parts of it were usable. So another derelicted sleeve came to new purpose. Anybody recognizes its origin?

Jeff Beck and The Big Town Playboys, Crazy Legs, 1993, Epic Holland, 473597 1

Crazy Whammy Bar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrsLg5dF7Cw
    Rest In Peace

David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember, 1971, Atlantic France, 840 003

Rest in Peace. What turbulent life!
    Listen to "Music is love" A1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gtMUka-iQ

The Seven, Song Is Song - Album Is Album, 1970 Thunderbird US, THS 9006

Hammond organ driven rock with funky horns. One of the best groups besides Chicago, Chase and Blood Sweat & Tears. Awesome soul-funk-jazz with great vocal work by Chuck Wheeler.
    Highlights: A5 Rod Argent's "Tell Her No", A3 Holland/Dozier/Holland "Heatwave" and B4 Horace Silver's "Song For My Father" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdXCgs9E38
    Forgotten?
    Has anybody further information about this one?

Weather Report, Heavy Weather, 1977, CBS Holland, 81775

RIP Wayne Shorter.
    Listen to the magic track "Harlequin", composed by Wayne Shorter. Here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9gj0sRBXOo

Thread Information